• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 511

Turntwo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2014
I have acquired a Remington 511p minus the peep sight. The price of a used peep sight is twice what I payed for the rifle. So I was going to mount a scope on the 3/8 dovetail groves on the receiver. The problem is the top of the receiver is rounded and the rings I've tried are flat on the bottom and wont clear the rounded top of the receiver . If I drill and tap, buy mounts and rings I might as well buy the peep sight. I would like to find some rings that have the clearance for the receiver, at a reasonable price.(read cheap) Any suggestions ??

I'm using old Tasco rings on a pair of 512s. Been there for near 35 years now and no issues.

FB_IMG_1573581468158.jpg

Weaver #43 mounts drilled and tapped are cheap. Or you can try and find a rail for a similar size reciever to drill and tap for.

I really wish a company like EGW would make a picatinny rail for the 510-521T series of guns. There's tons of them out there.

His did have dovetails. I could be wrong on the exact model because it was a few years go, but it was a 5XX series. I dont know when they started adding them for sure, but I agree, I have had a few over the years and most did not have a dovetail. The only one I personally had that did was a late 60's 521T.

His did have dovetails. I could be wrong on the exact model because it was a few years go, but it was a 5XX series. I dont know when they started adding them for sure, but I agree, I have had a few over the years and most did not have a dovetail. The only one I personally had that did was a late 60's 521T.
The later 541/581 series had dovetails.

Only late in production 510-521T......and maybe the "X" variant with fancier front and adjustable leaf rear sight had dovetails.

The 521T pictured above is mid to late 40's gun.

EGW makes a mount for the 541. Might fit your rifle. it is a 500 series Remington after all. You may have to have the receiver drilled and tapped for the mount if your rifle does not have mounting holes already. Not too big of a deal.
View attachment 7694531
Weaver #43 mounts drilled and tapped are cheap. Or you can try and find a rail for a similar size reciever to drill and tap for.

I really wish a company like EGW would make a picatinny rail for the 510-521T series of guns. There's tons of them out there.

They are not the same reciever. It may work...I dont know. But they are completely different animals.

Remington gives "500" designations to many of of its rimfires over the decades.

540X single shot target bolt gun
541T mag fed target bolt gun
582 tube fed bolt gun
552 Speedmaster semi-auto
572 Fieldmaster pump
504 bolt gun sporter
547 bolt gun (custom shop)

Reactions: rimfire22lr
My 541T sporter was drilled & tapped and I originally put a couple of inexpensive Weaver bases on it. Eventually, I decided to replace them with an EGW 20 MOA sloped rail. Not having access to a 511 or 513 target rifle, it's not clear to me whether the locations of the drilled & tapped holes for scope base or bases on the much newer 541T would work on one of the older actions. Anyone know if this is a concern or not?

All of my 512s have dovetails.