• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 513S 22LR match master magazine retainer spring issue

SearlesT

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
Looking for help with a issue with a remington Match Master. The issue is with the retention of the magazine occasionally the magazine becomes unsecured and falls out. I disassembled the rifle for a closer look. For comparison I also disassembled a model 511. This is what i found and am requesting help with.

513S the retention spring is attached to the bottom of the action (see pic 1)

511 the retention spring is attached to the stock (see pic 2 & 3)

The 513s is the one that is nor retaining the magazine properly.

Does anyone know the proper location where the spring should be attached ? By chance did someone previously disassemble and reassemble incorrectly?

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 31
Bump Does anyone have a Match Master 513S that they can take apart and tell me where and hoe the magazine retention spring is mounted?

20230727_194724.jpg

I don't know what your posting exactly. This is my 513T....same thing as a 513S.

There was a stock based mag release on early five teens. But then went to a reciever mounted mag release.

Are you taking the same part and screwing it into both the stock and reciever and taking pics of it?

Do you have two mag release levers?

Run the lever on the reciever and check to see if the mag will lock up.