• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 513T Stock length

sleeplesstwo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Marion, IL
I recently bought out an older gentleman's gun collection. He had to move into assisted living, and had no family that wanted to keep them for him. One of the guns was a 513t. I think that the stock has been shortened a little, but I'm not sure. Just wanted to see if an owner of one of these would give me some dimensions of an original stock. Thanks

Re: Remington 513T Stock length

Overall length from fore-end to center of butt is 32".Length from trigger to butt is 13.5" ( in case someone shortened the fore-end). Hope this helps....by the way they are VERY accurate shooters generally but have heavy triggers.

Yep just what I thought. The stock has been shortened about 1.5 inches. It is a really sharp look civilian gun. who ever did it did a very nice job. I was kind of excited about it, but now I'm a little bummed. Don't know where I could find a good stock? By the way, I really appreciate the info.

It was probably shortened to fit better for a young shooter and that's maybe who you should "aim" at to sell it...if that's your plan.For a stock take a look at gunbroker...there's one on there for sale right now for $25. Glad I could help...

Here you go:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211383368

It looks worse than how it is described by the seller, so you might want to ask some detailed questions or get some addt'l photos. He says no chips, etc., but the pick of the left side of the forend and some of the other pics looks like some big gouges and other flaws.

Here are some others:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=590760&filter=513T&catid=4288

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=588780&filter=513T&catid=4288

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1120750&filter=513T&catid=4288

I don't have much invested in it. Is it worth putting some money into or should I just sell it as is, and spend it the money on something else. Just a quick rundown on the gun: Nice clean blue, front globe sight, Lyman rear peep missing. Rear mount still on it. I figure I have got less than $150 in it.

Last time I looked a clean one with all the parts went for around $400 ish. Take a wander over to Rimfirecentral.com and look in the Remington section, there are usually 3 or 4 threads on the 513 at any time.

Cheers,

Doc

Here's mine. It's a May 1943 vintage that was obtained from a local youth marksmanship team when they moved to replace their 513Ts (originally acquired through the civilian marksmanship program) with lighter weight Anschutz models. Seems a lot of the kids complained about the 8lb 4 oz weight of these 26.5" barreled repeaters
smile.gif

This one has been fitted with Redfield Globe peep sights with Williams inserts.

513t1.jpg

I shoot a rem 513T all the time. The origingal sights are redfield 75 which are on sale on ebay. They are extremely accurate shooters. Their triggers are hard to work on but if you can find someone to work on it you will be very happy. With the right ammo they are easily moa shooters at a 100 yards and takes a rifle worth more $$$ to beat the accuracy of this rifle. My rifle was built in 1937. Get a hold of this guy who can build you a picatinny rail for a scope mount from the original holes on this rifle and this can easily be a 300 yard rifle for practice. Ken Vianni is the guy that makes the rail.

P1000087.jpg
P1000085.jpg

Ken [email protected]

I am really getting more excited about this gun. After looking at some pics of other 513t's, I am noticing that they don't come with the receivers cut for .22 scope rings. Someone must have had this done. I went and picked up a set of rings for it, threw on an older Bushnell scope I had lying around, grabbed up some Eley ammo, and was pleasantly surprised. Great groups at 50. I will need to experiment more. Trigger must have already been worked over feels good. I will put my gauge on it tomorrow. Btw thanks for the pics. Cool guns.