• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 514

Cleanmiss

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
sacramento
I just picked a remington 514 .22 yesterday at my favorite gun store off my favorite $200 or less rack. Ive been wanting an old single shot .22 for a while. It just so happens I stumbled upon a a clean little 514 with a tight action and a crisp trigger. Ill post pics as soon as my 10 days is up. I wanted to hear what you guys thought about these little guns and hear any experiences. Im broke right now and this cheap little thing has me excited, youcant have enough .22s or classic guns imo

Re: remington 514

The 514 was my first .22 rifle. I don't know how I hit anything with it looking back since the trigger pull was terrible. Just determination I guess. One coil was cut off the big coil spring which lightened the pull but created another problem. The bolt would flip open with just a nudge and the cartridge would fly out.

A new extractor was made but didn't help since the casings would still not come out sometimes. Keeping the chamber cleaned and oiled helped.

I read years later that they used soft metals so they wear out quicker. And of course I shot it every chance I got back then. I still have it.

Re: remington 514

Im still waiting my 10 days but the trigger didnt feel too bad for a 60 year old I hope. Its more for killin the skunks and critters around my house and to let my kid play with it, not looking for a precise stick you know what I mean. AS soon as I get it ill let you know how it is. Thanks ba_50