• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 540XR

PFCSkoug

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
SE Wisconsin
I went for a visit down to my local gunshop today and there sat one of the afore mentioned rifles, with the target stock and Redfield sights.
He had a price tag on it of $400. It looked like an interesting rifle i just don't know much about them, and was curious if that was a good price on the rifle or not.
Thanks for the help
Nathan

Re: Remington 540XR

I own one.Its a good shooter too.Personally I do not like the forend of the stock.But,I changed that.The rifle has new look.It came Redfield 75 rear sight and a globe sight on the front.The barrel is drilled and tapped for scope blocks too.

With the peep sights I was able to get decent 5 shot groups with Wolf Match Target,Eley Team,RWS 50,SK Standard,Eley Tenex.

I also tried Winchester T22,SK Subsonic,CCI Minimags,Eley Sport,SK High Velocity.

The Wolf and The SK Standard did the best for me.

As far as the $400 goes....Well,Thats up to you.I cannot advise.I will say I think it is an excellent trainer.I'm having fun with mine.

van

Re: Remington 540XR

there is one in my local pawn shop, same configuration for 300, so unless it is minty, I would think you could do a little better