• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 541-T any good

Sure they shoot very good. I not sure about mags. I think they are 5 shot, maybe 10?
Mark

They are good shooters, not top end but my Son always did well with ours at the longrange matches in our area. Magazines are cheap and hard to find. Doesn't fit into any certain style of competition but could be a good starter gun for club BR matches, and ongrange type matches.

I have had one for years... great shooters, but the 10 round mags are notoriously un-reliable.

I have one and it shoots really well. I bought some of the metal mags a few years ago. The mags were pricey but a nice step up as compared to the factory ones.

I had one that was tuned up by Brian Voelker. It shot lights out (just under 1 MOA @ 100m with Wolf Target Match). It's the only rifle I regret selling.

I had one that was tuned up by Brian Voelker. It shot lights out (just under 1 MOA @ 100m with Wolf Target Match). It's the only rifle I regret selling.
Brian Voelker barreled my 541-T as well. Over the years I've thought about selling it, but never did. Looking back I'm glad I kept it.

Shane

Mine shot great with a certain lot # of Win Super-X 36grHP ammo about 30yrs ago. I had two 5rd mags and two more 10rd plastic mags - they were OK to begin with, but didn't last long before becoming extremely unreliable. I bought a couple of the SS mags that John Reed makes - Remington should've sold such mags with these fine rifles from the beginning!

The Remington series of 541 (repeater) and 540 (single shot) rifles are some of the most accurate Remington rimfires ever produced. The 541S sporter is prized by squirrel hunters and the 541T is a great match rifle. They are plagued by plastic mags that can warp if subjected to solvents or hot days in a vehicle. The 540XR and 540X are both great low cost match rifles. Not as fancy or nice or pretty as the 40x or the Winchester 52, yet a good 540 was capable of beating both on a good day and this ultimately led to it being discontinued by Remington because it was stealing sales from the 40x line. The action is a six lug mid-bolt lockup action similar to the larger centerfire 788 action. It has a adjustable trigger but is not compatible with the 700 Rem triggers and cannot be adjusted much lower than about 1.5lb without modification. Some of the stocks are UGLY. Mine is a blonde wood that looks like it was hand carved from a 2x4 by a drunk with a pocket knife, lol. But with Lapua ammo is it capable of stunning accuracy.

In fact a 540XR won the ARA National Match Tournament, Factory Class in 2020 which led the ARA to ban the 540/541 series and most other accurate Remingtons from all future factory class matches in 2021. They are still eligible for the IR50 8.5lb class as well as ARA unlimited BR matches and Bullet Pro 150 matches in the factory hotrod class. The repeater could be a nice NRL22 rifle but the long bbl might prove unwieldy on some of the obstcles. Mine has been mostly retired from competition except for occasional appearances at our club outlaw BR matches where it terrorizes the owners of much more costly rifles, lol. Attached is a pic of the 540XR wearing an Ezel muzzle dampner as well as on of its 5-sh 50y groups and a perfect ARA factory card from 50y. The card was shot in the wind in Missouri last year.

Irish

Attachments

• 540 PDT[1].JPG
    540 PDT[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 398
  • 540xr 50y.cc.jpg
    540xr 50y.cc.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 462
  • ARA2500 Natls 2020.jpg
    ARA2500 Natls 2020.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 390
I have a few and everyone is awesome. One is my main hunting rifle for small game for about 25 years now. Cci mini mags are stupid accurate. I read an article one time years back that the 541t was the most accurate rifle Remington ever produced.

Had one and it shot very well. I ended up installing a Timney 788 trigger on it and it was a favorite until I started on the Anschutz path and I ended up passing it along. It would do <.5 with a number of different mid range ammos.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I think they are like any other factory rifle, its a crap shoot, some are great, some are not, I have owned several 541S & 541T over the years.

One of the first guns I bought for myself after I ETS'd was a Remington 541S. A couple of years later I added a 541T and the S actually shot better than the T but, both were the least ammo-sensitive rifles I've ever owned. It didn't matter what was loaded into them, they could shoot MOA groups at 50 yards all day long using even the shittiest .22 ammo, including hyper-velocity Vipers and Xpediters. I eventually traded the T and sold the S. Kind of wish I'd kept the S, though. It had a great trigger.

Reactions: Simonsza1
By 'the man', I assume you're talking about John Reed? I bought a couple of his 5rd SS mags a few years ago for my 541T, but would enjoy having a couple of 10rd mags if he's making them... The 5rd mags are practically a work of art.

Reactions: ccollier
Yes that “man” has 10 rounders available now
John Reed
His contact info is in this thread for those with any interest

I have a very good friend with a 541S, that is in very good condition, I've thought about trying to buy it from him, what would be a fair price? There are no aftermarket mags, or accessories just a bare bones rifle. I kinda want it, but kinda not. Know what I mean?:giggle:

I wish I could help u out on the price however some of my fellow “fan boy” Remington brethren should help u out on here
I should point out that he makes fun of my Annie, and what I paid for it. At the same time I'm not sure he has ever even shot the Remmy. We give each other a fair amount of shit........about everything.

The 541S rifles I've seen on GunBroker always seem to bring a few hundred more than the newer 541Ts. Been awhile since I've spent any time looking for either one online, but if memory serves, prices are up well over $1k for a nice 541S.

Reactions: actionshooter
I should point out that he makes fun of my Annie, and what I paid for it. At the same time I'm not sure he has ever even shot the Remmy. We give each other a fair amount of shit........about everythin g.
Ha yes I understand ,thank you.
just giving a little poke back 👍🏻
its all good.