• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 541-X Steel magazine conversion

cal50

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
I have owned 3 Remington 541-X rifles off and on. My last one I swore that I would convert the gun to use a "real" steel magazine over the Nylon thing Rem. supplies with it. The following pics show how I made a simple part and used a standard part to reach my goal. Basically you need to shorten the "tail" or mag guide on the Rem ejector block.

LEFT.jpg

Once its shortened you can use the Rem. mag lock from a model 513T or 511. There are two versions available. One that mounts to the stock with a wood screw (the one I used and have pictures) or a receiver mounted one. I used the first one I could get my hands on.

parts.jpg

Once obtained I made a simple step block / spacer to adapt the 511/513 Wisner steel mags. I will right the dimensions of the block down and post in the near future.

PARTS2.jpg

It works pretty **** good so far. The mags are 1000% better than the plastic ones IMHO.

RIGHT.jpg

RIGHT2.jpg

SIDE.jpg

TOP.jpg

I think the 541-x with some minor tweaks is a great gun. Properly bedded,good mags,crisp re-worked 4 lb trigger and good sight this one is a keeper.

Re: Remington 541-X Steel magazine conversion

Great Post. I my give this a shot as I really dont care for the plastic mags. I consider it the only weakness of my 541

thanks, s6

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sierra6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Post. I my give this a shot as I really dont care for the plastic mags. I consider it the only weakness of my 541

thanks, s6 </div></div>

Some added info to track-

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387850

That'd work great for the "T" and "S" models too, I'm bettin'. Cool post thanks for that.