• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 572 fieldmaster?

Moose

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2005
    NJ
    Are the new ones as good as the old ones.And any input on the 572 pump new or old. Thank's

Re: Remington 572 fieldmaster?

I've got M572BDL that's about 30 years old, had it since new. Very slick actions and quite accurate for a pump. The trigger group comes out just like a M870, but the ejection port is quite small.

Haven't seen any of the recent production, so I can't comment on them, but the old ones were well made and finished with NO plastic (other than the buttplate).

I have one that is around 10 years old. Like buffy said it's a very smooth action and mine is pretty accurate. Mine has no plastic other than the buttplate. I don't think you'd be disappointed, I thoroughly enjoy mine.

If, I had one of the older ones as had been mentioned I would hang on to it as a great off hand hunter that takes a lot of game, and is a great plinker with that slick action. I tried on approval to make one shoot and could not get even 10" groups. I went for advice on the Remington forum and they said it was hit or miss. The lock up and the way the action is configured on a pump makes it not so good for target work. If, you want a 15 shot tube magazine try a Henry lever action. The lock up is excellent and you don't have the pump action stock riding the sand bags if you want to do some target work. One of my pals has both and he really has to work to get the pump to come anywhere close to his lever gun. At least try to see if you can try it out on some targets before you buy. Regards

I have had the opertunity to shoot one. The one I shot consistantly had 1 inch groups at 50 yards with bulk ammo off a bench.