• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 581 scope base

remsps243

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
TX
Does anyone know of someone or somewhere a picatinny rail for a 581/541 with some moa is sold? or could anyone out there possibly make one? please pm me if you can make one.

thanks
any info appreciated.

Re: Remington 581 scope base

don't know if was picatinny, but edgerat knew of somoene who was making some.
dgwelsh

yea that is what im looking for but, my 581 is d&t. So that base would have to be drilled where the screws are on my rifle.

I believe that base slides over your 3/8 dovetail tightly, and the screws are really setscrews. The multiple setscrews press down on the rifles dovetail, locking it in place. I don't think any drilling or tapping is required.

Man you guys just saved me a ton of work. I was going to get an picitany blank from brownells and tap the receiver for a one of a kind base.

Im not sure the CZ rail will work ( I could be wrong ) because the CZ receiver is flatter than that of the 581. Might look into a picatinny blank, my reciever is already d&t.

Norcal if you try the CZ rail let me know how it went.

I will give it a shot in a couple weeks, busy carving a stock and my brain cannot handle anymore distractions.

Im guessing you D&T or did it come as a factory standard at some time? Im going through my 581 now giving it a facelift. Im even reconsidering a rebarrel and will probably have a new chamber and crown cut instead.