• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 591

RichJ

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2010
SW Michigan
Was at the local sporting goods shop picking up arrows for the son in law, always have to check out the used .22s. They had a well used 591 which they were asking $159, got it for $135. Will clean up and refinish the stock, get some ammo and see how it shoots.
[/IMG][/img]

Just couldn't resist it
Rich

Re: Remington 591

Here it is after a little stripping, wet sanding with walnut oil and a number of applications of Bees Wax.

Merry Christmas
Rich

Only thing I had on hand was an old Kassnar 4X I had taken off a friends 06. Stuck it on there after just centering the optics and darn if it wasn't close at 25 yards. Being 25 degrees out I didn't bother with fresh targets, but I was able to produce some clover leafs at that distance. Moved to the 50 yard side and got 2 touching with the 3rd a 1/2 inch away. This thing shoots well and has a real nice trigger. Now to save some $$$$$ and get a decent chunk of glass for it. 4X just doesn't cut it for these 60 year old eyes.

Rich

That is a great price on the 591. Since Aguila reintroduced the 5mm Remington magnum ammo, the prices on 591 and 592s have gone up considerably. I use my 591 for varmint control and it absolutely drops everything it hits dead in it's tracks. I put a Burris 4x12 A/O RA compact scope on mine. Have fun shooting your new rifle !!

Thanks for the good words, Michigan's been brutally cold so I haven't had a chance to do any more shooting with it. Still looking for a better scope for it. Picked up some Birchwood Casey Perma Blue paste to touch up the couple of bad spots on the barrel. Or should I strip the barrel and do the whole thing, or maybe have it done some where?

Rich