• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 5r and Night Hawk = a great combo

Substance-P

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Early this year I began the process of acquiring my first real precision rifle. I purchased a Remington 5r, an Accuracy International folding stock, and a Leupold 6.5X20. Then I had the barrel Cerakoted black and threaded to accept a muzzle brake.
NightHawk025.jpg

I really liked the OD green and black color scheme and it reminded me of a "new" Night Hawk that was green and had been sitting at my local gun shop for years. I decided to pick this gun up and see if I couldn't get it refinished to compliment the Remington (after all, they'll be sharing a Pelican Case together).

Here is a before photo of the Night Hawk
NightHawk002.jpg

NightHawk031.jpg

Here they are together now after the Night Hawk has been refinished in Yukon Coat by Fusion Firearms, received a new front night sight, and a set of VZ's Double Diamond grips.
NHRefinish003.jpg

NHRefinish022.jpg

Now, I have plenty of time to get better acquainted with them at the range before they accompany me on a hunting trip this October.

Re: Remington 5r and Night Hawk = a great combo

Very nice looking after the refinish! Great looking combo-

Re: Remington 5r and Night Hawk = a great combo

Very nice. Just curious, how did the old grips look on the Night Hawk after the refinish? Reason for asking, I have some grips almost identical to those and I'm thinking about getting my 1911 (not nearly as nice as yours) refinished to something similar to yours.