• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 5R Barrel

ISBe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
Madison, TN
I have one with 184 rounds down the tube. How much do you think it would go for?

Re: Remington 5R Barrel

That's a pretty bland question. If your wondering how many rounds it'll go for, you can see over 5,000.

If your wondering how many dollars, you're gonna need 100 posts first and it'll probably sell for around $100. Factory barrels don't go for too much. I sold a Factory savage barrel for like $75. I see a lot of Remington stuff for around that or less, so being a 5R barrel, I'd say $100

Asking how much it would sell for. So based on what you're saying, I could buy another 5R barrel for $100, buy a stainless action for say $300, and a 5R stock for say $250. That's $650. So, why buy a used rifle for $900?

Edit: Not trying to sound like a dick, but I would think that the barrels would go for more than $100.

I have seen to 5r take off barrel sale, 1 had somthing like 600 rounds and sold for 100 shipped the other was never fired and sold for 150 shipped.

just some observations.

If you do decide to sell it pm me
mabey we can work somthing out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ISBe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Asking how much it would sell for. So based on what you're saying, I could buy another 5R barrel for $100, buy a stainless action for say $300, and a 5R stock for say $250. That's $650. So, why buy a used rifle for $900?

Edit: Not trying to sound like a dick, but I would think that the barrels would go for more than $100. </div></div>

I think the action will be more towards $350

You haven't mentioned having a smith fit the barrel to the action. Your not going to save much by piecing it together. But, if you do, you could always have the smith true your action and your head spacing will be better than factory so you might stand to gain a little more accuracy out of it. If you wanna build a rifle on a budget, just do a Savage and you could do it yourself with just a couple tools.