• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 5R Recoil Lug

HPCR59

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2011
Tennessee
From what I've read, the 5R recoil lug is no different than any other 700 lug. Well the previous owner of my McMillan stock said it's inlet for a factory lug. I lightly forced it into the stock and saw it wasn't going any further. It was a bitch to get back out! Do I just need to file the stock down or what?

Re: Remington 5R Recoil Lug

did the previous owner bed the stock?. i would just hog out the recoil lug area in the stock, remove some material in the reciver area and bed thw whole set up

Re: Remington 5R Recoil Lug

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRENCHHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did the previous owner bed the stock?. i would just hog out the recoil lug area in the stock, remove some material in the reciver area and bed thw whole set up </div></div>

+1 on this. Bedding just the recoil lug is no big deal and sounds like your only solution. You'll likely never be able to accurately remove excess material in the bedding.