• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 5r

b1 det

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
SE MICHIGAN
I have Remington 5r .300 win mag nib havnt had the chance to shoot it, so I have been thinking of selling it what is it worth? Also I dont know if it makes a diff but on the box it say's First Production Run.
Thanks Brian

Re: remington 5r

its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it
wink.gif

I have the exact same gun,. And it has been outstanding. Maybe keep it And get rid of something else if you can.

My shooting buddy just picked up one in 308 last week for 800.00. Seems to be about the going price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rascaldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My shooting buddy just picked up one in 308 last week for 800.00. Seems to be about the going price.</div></div>

Sir, was that brand new or used? If brand new, your buddy got a killer deal!

The 5R milspec 300WM are going for $975-$1000 on GB. Just an idea.

I second the idea of keeping it... My 5R is awesome! The only gun I have ever shot a legit .25 MOA 5 shot group with.

Abiz I could tell you were A FIFO without even reading your sig, Yes it's nib I havn't made much headway with glass and ammo is so expensive I thought about selling it I can't post it here but I like to seek out info and return the favors if I can. I'am still on the fence but I wont even bother entertaining pawn shop priceing it's not something I need to sell.

I'm just offering haha. I would keep it though, I really like my 5R in 308 and a 300 WM would be nice too I'm sure.

b1, if you decide to sell it the classifieds here might be very helpful.

I know i got a good deal, and would not sell my 5R for this, but i just bought mine for 950.00 for:
remington 5R
leupold rifleman 3-9X40
60 rounds of Federal sierra matchking ammo
leupold quick detach rings

i bought a 5r in 300 wm friday and it was 949.00 i wanted the 308 but the owner said it would be awhile before he could get one. iguess next year maybe a 308. he had 2 300wm's instock this was ed's gun shop in vass n.c. if anyone is interested pm and i will find a number for them.

where are you guys finding the 5r .300wm for that price? ive been looking for one and the best price i have found is $1069 from a store in florida, so i would have to pay extra for the ffl transfer and all... and thats IF he can get one in. PLEASE HELP

Thanks, that definately helps in finding out what a fair price is. Now does anyone know where i can find one? ive asked around here and the local gun stores dont even know what the hell a 5R is... The one store i found that does know what it is doesnt even know if they can get it...

Fin Feather Fur in Ashland Ohio has`em..Or did last week...$970 plus tax.Give`m a call 419-281-2557

I purchased a new 5R milspec in 308 about a month ago. I paid a 1K for mine also. Finally got a chance to shoot it today. I must say, it's a great!!! I'd keep yours unless you need the money. Took me close to 3 years to find one in Michigan.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redrider308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fin Feather Fur in Ashland Ohio has`em..Or did last week...$970 plus tax.Give`m a call 419-281-2557 </div></div>

That's where I got mine... same price, but no tax since I'm out of state.

I am picking my 308 5R up this afternoon. $1024 - ouch.
Hopefully my JW Precision A5 will be here this week too

thanks everyone.. Im actually currently on the phone trying to get one in my area... Fin Feathers is my next call, and if thats the same price for the .300, im ordering it TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Remember there are VTR 5r's out there for for less if you like the triangle barrel. And they WILL shoot out to 1000y. Personal experience with this rifle.

***Oops sorry just saw that he was talking about 300 WM. The VTR is 308.***