• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 .223 Problem Fixed!!!

LongDistance92

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2008
Plain City, OH
Well I had an old Remington 700P in .223 I purchased from my brother a while back...It had headspacing issues due to my brother running 5.56 LC stuff through it and it was chambered for .223 so it was f-ed...I couldn't manage to sell it so Randy at R&D helped me out.....He worked his magic and voila! it performs flawlessly again...Randy trued and blueprinted the receiver and I think that's what fixed the headspacing issue.....He re-coated all the metal, added a bolt knob and cut off the threads and re-crowned the barrel.....Finished at 22' I think.....

Before:

qnwxnn.jpg

2hhje5g.jpg

After:

157yh5e.jpg

2wegaxu.jpg

343pu6d.jpg

I added an AICS 2.0 and I picked up and a USO 1.8-10x44..It's not exactly a LR gun since .223 ballistics pretty much suck but the barrel ought to be burnt out in another 1-2,000 rounds then I'll have it re-barreled for .223 AI
grin.gif
...I just have to wait for my AI .223 mags to get here from Adam at Bauer Arms
frown.gif
It sucks single feeding
cry.gif

P.S.- Anyone need an old Remington 700P stock? I'll sell it to ya cheap
cool.gif

Re: Remington 700 .223 Problem Fixed!!!

Looks good. Randy does awsome work. I had good luck with my LTR running the 75 A-max - she would run to 1000. Same goes for my new .223, finished it at 22" as well.

Looks sharp - Can't wait for those mags : )

JamieD