• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 300 Weatherby with Euro camo

our gang

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2007
Cora, Wyoming
Well nobody else bought it so I did. ANNB & 100% factory correct. A rather rare bird I presume, and since the action is worth $400, the whole rifle for $500 was a decent deal!

RemingtonC6543998GI.jpg

Re: Remington 700 300 Weatherby with Euro camo

Score. But "ouch" on the recoil.
smile.gif

I'm thinking that rig as pictured weighs 7.5 lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nate Haler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Score. But "ouch" on the recoil.
smile.gif

I'm thinking that rig as pictured weighs 7.5 lbs.</div></div>

It's not that bad....I've got a 300 Wthby that's 7.5# all up with scope, sling and ammo in the belly. It's a great caliber and a crusher with T-TSX's in it.

Like I said, "ouch". I have a 15.3 lb .300 Win Mag (without optics) that is okay to shoot, but half that weight -- no thanks!
smile.gif

The worst I've owned was a 6.75 lb Rem 'Custom Shop' Mountain Rifle in .375 H&H. Fired it four times. A buddy shot it once.

Then I sold it, to a dude who is more of a glutton for punishment.

Very nice rifle. I love the 300 weatherby. Now it is time of have a little fun with it though. I tell you with the suppressor my weatherby has minimal recoil and is a pleasure to shoot.

Yup, I've always been a 300 H&H guy (also 244 H&H, 375 H&H and 400 H&H) but this was too good a deal to pass up. It can always be rebbled and mecury recoil eliminator(s) added if needbe.

That is some different camo, anybody ever seen it on another 700?

For pure recoil I have found nothing that beats my 10 ga 3.5" Browning BPS 24" Stalker when used with 2 ounce "deer" (LOL) slugs. Close second was an early BDL in 300 UM (due to the velocity of recoil) I fired it 8 times and took it back to the gunshop where folks were in line to buy it.

10ga 3.5" 2oz! you masochist j/k
wink.gif

Never seen it on a 700 hundred, I do like it though.

nice buy man.

That camo looks like the original Mossy Oak Bottomland stuff I wore 15+ years ago.
Remmy had other guns in that pattern, namely shottys...

You are correct. Remington offered MPBL only in 1992, so that dates the rifle.