• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 300 Win Mag Base mount problems

TraumaControl

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2018
I have a remington 700 in 300 Win Mag with a Magpul Enhanced Stock. I zeroed it and was running through ammo to test what worked best. Federal Premium 190 gr SMK BTHP were 0.8 MOA and settled on that as my go to. Loaded a few hand loads and was able to find a load with tweaking OAL to comparable sub MOA accuracy. This was about a 80-100 round process. The next outing I was testing other higher grain bullets and was getting 1.5-2 MOA but then 3-4 MOA. I allowed time for the barrel to cool while testing. Checked mount screws and they were all secure. I grabbed the scope and torqued it on the rail with a little force and found it wobbling. I unmounted everything, re-secured the base mount to 25 Ft/lbs with blue lock tite, and re-zeroed with the Federal Premium ammo I know the gun likes and got back to sub MOA. That was a month ago, I just took the rifle out again and after 20 shots, I started to have a repeat of the above experience. Sure enough the base mount came loose again. I am about to scrap this build for precision long range as in 20 shots it becomes unreliable. Anyone have any tips to secure the base mount to not have this problem?