• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Remington 700 300 win mag - What scope and rings?

Dahbarez

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a Remington 700p in 300 win mag to use for Elk hunting. I was hoping to get some recommendations on a base, scope rings and a scope. I am looking for functional and reliable that isn't breaking the bank. If I could get some recommendations that would be awesome.

The 700p isn't the lightest gun out there. Are you planning on hiking around with this rifle? I usually by badger bases and rings. For my hunting rifles I tend to stick with nightforce ultralight rings. They're not cheap but you can usually get a good deal in the for sale section. Not sure what your budget is for a scope but I'd go light as you have a heavier rifle. I'd look for a used bushnell lrhs.

Get a Badger or Nightforce base , Seekins/Vortex rings and if you're on a tight budget snag a used SWFA . For that matter, buy it all used . Quality gear will continue to be quality regardless of new or used .

Get a Badger or Nightforce base , Seekins/Vortex rings and if you're on a tight budget snag a used SWFA . For that matter, buy it all used . Quality gear will continue to be quality regardless of new or used .
Would you recommend a 20 moa base or a 0 moa base?

The 700p isn't the lightest gun out there. Are you planning on hiking around with this rifle? I usually by badger bases and rings. For my hunting rifles I tend to stick with nightforce ultralight rings. They're not cheap but you can usually get a good deal in the for sale section. Not sure what your budget is for a scope but I'd go light as you have a heavier rifle. I'd look for a used bushnell lrhs.
I'm looking to spend between 200 and 500 for a scope

If you’re looking to save a buck? Try an egw base, and warne mountain tech rings. Any warne ring will serve you well!!!!

As far as scopes???? How far are the distances you’re planning to shoot? An elk has a large vital! My experience has told me, that any 2.5-10 or 4-14’ish serves well! I’ve shot em in the dark timber! And out in the open!

Best of luck on your upcoming hunt!

If you can stretch your budget to $650. Cameraland was running bushnell scopes for $650. If your not in NY it's no tax and free shipping.