• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Remington 700 .308 ADL/Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 BDC Reticle

tmacirish1012

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2020
Hello all,

I've been reading through the forum for a few weeks and have received a lot of great tips. So first, as a beginner rifle shooter, thank you for sharing all your experience and input. Its made a huge difference and has helped me significantly. I am in the process of buying my first rifle. I am buying the Remington 700 .308 ADL Varmint. From all the reviews I have read, seems like a great starter-gun that will allow me to gain experience and add-on as needed. I also bought a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 BDC Reticle. I spent hours reading articles and watching youtube videos, the concepts behind using this specific optic clicked the fastest. The manual for the optic says to set the scope as low as possible obviously without touching the barrel but doesn't give a specific measurement on how low the barrel can go. I know the scopes fitted for one inch rings, should I purchase "low" or "medium" height rings? Also any suggestions for a decent rail mount is also greatly appreciated. Price is somewhat of an issue but I also don't want to buy the cheapest of the cheap either. Solid/quality performance while taking into account cost. Also, as a note, for the foreseeable future I will be shooting at a range that is between 100-300 yards. Thanks again.

Reactions: tmacirish1012