• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 338 lapua advice?

Wreckinshop

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
The South
Heya guys im thinking of building a new lr rifle and im pretty impressed so far with the ballistics of the 338 lapua and recently learned that remington makes a 700 version of it. Anyone have anything to chime in and help me out here? Is it a good gun, any info about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: remington 700 338 lapua advice?

I have had one ordered since May.Yes the order is still valid. Last rumor I heard was that due to some minor changes production was curtailed until July. As always military/le takes precedence on orders over us dumb-ass civilians (rightfully so) so my best guess is it's gonna be a while before they flood the market.

I would not buy a .338Lap with a .700" bolt. YMMV.

May be wrong but I heard that the Remington 338 lapua went for around 4000 MSRP. No way in the world I would pay that. Give Patriot Arms(American Precision) or GAP a call.

Well I own one that is for sale on here and gunbroker right now because Im broke and need the money. But otherwise I love the rifle wouldnt be getting rid of it if I wasnt hurting so bad financially. Very well built and have had no problems at all with accuracy. Shooting sub 1/2" groups right outta the box.
Good luck with finding one though.

Feeding problems. The bolt doesn't reach down into the magazine far enough.

The Remington is very nice. It has a modified bolt and I think the bottom metal is HS. You can get them for about $1200 but get your order in it is about a 6 month wait when I ordered mine and a friend ordered one a fw weeks ago and he was told 8 months wait and his was about $100 more because Rem went up at the 1st ofthe year.