• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 700 5r -.300 WM

magshooter

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2008
Tennessee
I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try one of these rifles out. If so what did you think about it? How well did it shoot and did you use factory or handloaded ammo. THANKS.......

Re: Remington 700 5r -.300 WM

I got one right now. Set trigger to 3lbs and let it rip. Ive only shot 7 rounds out mine so far and it was grouping them. Factory remington prenuim 180gr boattail for now. Muzzlebreak being installed right now and will shoot alot more next weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: james24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got one right now. Set trigger to 3lbs and let it rip. Ive only shot 7 rounds out mine so far and it was grouping them. Factory remington prenuim 180gr boattail for now. Muzzlebreak being installed right now and will shoot alot more next weekend </div></div>

What does the rifle weigh, without scope?

I have one of these in a AICS 2.0 OD Green Stock, It shoots really well. I have a S&B PMII Mounted on It and a Harris BRS 6-9 Bi-Pod. Never weighted it, but it's pretty heavy set up like this. When I re-barrel, It will be much heavier.

i thought i read the twist rate on the 300wm was 1 in 11.25 or am i mistaking this with the .308. i have one sitting at home in a mcmillan a5. waiting the get it inleted for the badger dbm and bedded. still haven't shoot it.

Got a couple hundred rounds through mine it is .5 groups at 100 yards if I got my head out of my ass and have had sub MOA groups out to 600 so far with handloads 168 gr VLD mag primer and 4350 powder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thought i read the twist rate on the 300wm was 1 in 11.25 or am i mistaking this with the .308. i have one sitting at home in a mcmillan a5. waiting the get it inleted for the badger dbm and bedded. still haven't shoot it. </div></div>

That would be the .308. Remmy's in .300 WM standard is 1:10" twist.

Thinking about putting one of these in a JAE-700 RLA, threading it for my thundertrap, putting my Mk4 leupy on it... and calling it a day. That being said, I am also considering an ArmaLite AR-30 in .300wm.

Not sure what to do here.