• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 5R .308 Range Results

TXMARINE

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
JACKSONVILLE, NC
well finally got to take the Remington 700 5R .308 to the range today and was very pleased with the results. i was shooting all factory ammo. I only had 110 yards to play with. not sure what the groups measure, but that is a dime in the pictures to help you see the group size. this is a stock 5R i've only had some trigger work done bringing it down to right under 3lbs. sorry about the pics, camera isn't that great.

110yards using winchester 168gr. HP boat tail match (3 shots)
2j1r5gj.jpg

110yards using federal 168gr. sierra matchking BTHP (8 shots)
2zxxnr4.jpg

Remington 700 SS 5R .308
2ijohah.jpg

10ehl08.jpg

Re: remington 700 5R .308 Range Results

Thank yall. I'm just now in the last month or so wanting to get into long range shooting. i've hunted all my life, but never got into the sport of long range stuff. From all the reviews i read on this rifle, it looked to be the perfect base for a nice custom build for that purpose. it's gonna take me a while to get to where a lot of you guys are, but i'm gonna give it a shot. Again thank you

Yup, thats a 5r for yah..... nice groups

Thanks Sunday, I'm hoping i can find a forum member in the Camp Lejeune area to help me out on the basics of long range shooting.