• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 5r bottom metal...

Sainte70

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2018
New Orleans, La.
I currently have a Rem700 5R 308 in an HS Precision stock. I am looking for bottom metal that would be compatible with Magpul SR25 mags.

I also have an LWRC REPR that uses the SR25 mags and would like to stay the same between both rifles.
IMG_2524.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 23
Your inlet for the bottom metal is currently for a Remington BDL.

The only DBM style bottom metal I know of that fits is Wyatts, and it takes specific magazines and is single stack.

I don't know of any bottom metal that takes SR25 mags. AICS pattern is the most popular.

Reactions: Sainte70
Your inlet for the bottom metal is currently for a Remington BDL.

The only DBM style bottom metal I know of that fits is Wyatts, and it takes specific magazines and is single stack.

I don't know of any bottom metal that takes SR25 mags. AICS pattern is the most popular.
HS Precision makes DBM bottom metal as well that fits the BDL stocks. But it also takes a proprietary mag and not an SR25 mag.

I made a magpul dbm fit in my 5r gen 2 hs precision stock and put the stock on my 223. I use it with aics pattern mags and it works flawlessly.

It's an easy inlet to modify if you have some patience to make it look decent.

Don't even bother trying to force a double stack mag to feed in a factory 700 action. Been there, milled a lot, gave up and went aics and it runs like a dream.

Your option is HS bottom metal for BDL stocks, ~$300. Single stack only, 4 or 5 rounds. Great mags, low profile, but AICS is the defacto standard and HS doesn't appear to support it. Or you put another stock on, or you send to a smith to inlet for Badger M5 or other bottom metal. As others have said, double stack mags, such as SR25 pattern, won't work with Rem 700 actions, not enough meat on the bottom.