• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 AAC 308

Blue'sTACA1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2020
Just picked-up a 700 AAC in 308. Wanna build it into a medium to long range shooter. Has the Green overmold crappy stock. Gonna add a Magpul Pro 700 and some new glass. Already has a Comp for the AAC 762SDN6 and a Timney trigger, not sure yet which one, but VERY crisp and light. Would like some tips on glass and bases and rings. Looking at a Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x 56mm. MOA reticle. What are the impressions? Also what is everybody shooting out of the 1:10 twist barrel? both factory and home made loads? TIA

Can't comment on the glass that you are asking about, but mine is has the Vortex Pro series 1'' rings and a clearance priced Nikon P-Tactical scope inside of an ebay HS Precision takeoff stock. This was a super low budget set up and it shoots a variety of ammo well; my favorite target load is a 168 SMK over 42 gr of IMR 4064. But those are substituted for Hornaday HPBT projectiles and A-Maxes which it also shoots well. My Hunting load is a 165 gr Speer BTSP over the same charge.

I like 175 grain Sierra hpbt match with 38.5 grains of Benchmark. I also happen to like the crappy stock, a lot, and inletted it for a cheap detachable box magazine which works pretty good.

I think it did a bit better with the muzzle thread guard in place rather than a brake, but even with that mild load it bucked and a brake helped me see the splash.

I have two 700s & use Athlon Argos BTR 6-24 in both mil & moa.

I probably could get better groups, but nobody cares how well or poor I shoot. I don't compete, and since I use range brass, cheap primers, and 2nds (my bullets were pulled ex-mil that I got for cheap) if I can hit a std clay pigeon at 725 yards most of the time, I'm pretty happy with it all.

All great info. Thanks for the tips. Big issue is finding the projectiles. Yeah that Hogue stock has GOT TO GO! had a bipod on it an the flex into the barrel sucks. Hate the bottom metal too. Maybe I just want to tinker, but it has GOT to get better.

If you're anywhere near Sedalia, Missouri, Sierra has a showroom where you can just walk in and buy whatever they have by the pound...

I know this isn't a trading topic, but the stock and bottom metal is on the block if anybody is interested.

Like I said, Sorry I offended you. Jeez. I just said it was available. NEVER said a price or anything, Christ it could be free, but not to you.

Like I said, Sorry I offended you. Jeez. I just said it was available. NEVER said a price or anything, Christ it could be free, but not to you.

It isn't about being offended or not

It's about having the integrity to follow the rules that the owner of the house, where you are a GUEST, lays down for all.

Where in the rules does it say I can't say it is available? Never said a price. Don't be so picky. I was asked and I said it was available. PEROID. Get over it, please.

Where in the rules does it say I can't say it is available? Never said a price. Don't be so picky. I was asked and I said it was available. PEROID. Get over it, please.

There is a section for sales. This isn't it. Period. Nothing to do with being picky. You were told that by a Moderator from the site and you argue. You screwed up and tried to get around the rules. You got caught. End it and move along or you will not be here long.

Reactions: Dthomas3523