• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 AAC-SD

boomdoggie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2011
Texas
So my can just came in for my remmy, and now I want to shoot subs through it the barrel is a 1-10"twist. What should grain should I run. I want comercial ammo, I reload pistol never done rifle. Also besides SW ammo where can I get good subs in 308.

Re: Remington 700 AAC-SD

Lapua makes factory subsonic ammo in .308. A google search should help you find who has it for sale.
If you try some let us know the results! I have the same rifle with a suppressor on the way.

Always make sure the rounds aren't key holing before you shoot subs threw your can

I have the same rifle with an AAC Cyclone can. You will enjoy shooting the subs, very quiet but several inches of drop.I got mine from "Ammunition To Go". They do not always have them available, last time I looked CoreBon was the only brand they carried.

175gr SMK's work well in mine. 1.5" groups at 100yds with 10gr Trail Boss.

Chull, they are 185gr, sorry. Going to the range tomorrow and will be shooting the AAC-SD. Just put a new SS 5-20 scope on it and am trying to find the right ammo for it.Having good luck with Horaday TAP 168's.

I know that you asked "beside SW Ammo", but I just wanted to mention that our ammo was intended for this very rifle. Here's Zach's rifle, that we test the subsonics with.

2ldx1jo.jpg

It shoots 190 subs about 3/4- 1 minute.

it was nothing against your company, I was looking for some different brands to try out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was nothing against your company, I was looking for some different brands to try out. </div></div>

Oh, no offense taken. Your rifle is an outstanding off-the-shelf rig for subsonic work.

I know that Black Hills and Lapua also load subsonic ammunition also. If you can find them, you should try them out. (especially if you try our side by side lol)

Mike

I run Lapua 200gr sub sonics in my 700 AAC. They shoot well, 1"-2" groups @ 100M...just remember that they drop 24" @ 100M. I do not get any keyholing, and they sound great with my AAC 762SD attached.

As long as you are choosing your bullet weight properly for the twist of the barrel, you shouldn't get any keyholing.

As Quiet mentioned, they are going to drop a lot though.