• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Action

DJD3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
I was looking at a friends model 700 action, and it is an older action, and it appeared to have a place for strip clips. Is this normal? it was in a .308. It was a low serial number, but to be honest, I had never seen a 700 with a strip clip slot, if that is what it is. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remington 700 Action

It is normal for some to have it. May want to check for government stamp somewhere as it could be collectable. Many smiths can mill a clip slot if the user desires.

Clearly marked Rem700, 6 digit serial, took some pics with my phone, I did not see any government stamps, but it looked like an adl, with short barrel. Has metal butt plate with remington on it.

Man, I wouldn't touch that. I'd keep it original, or if you do modify it, I'd keep all of the original parts.