• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 ADL LA - KRG Bravo vs. Magpul Hunter

Rathmatik

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2020
KCMO
I have a Remington 700 ADL in 30-06, so it has the blind magazine with no bottom metal. The stock that it came with is a cheap synthetic, so I'd like to upgrade for long range shooting and hunting. I've been looking at the Magpul Hunter + Magazine Well combo, but the KRG Bravo is often suggested for this type of use case. I do like the higher quality and ergonomics (especially the grip) of the KRG. I have a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 CM (which is great), so it looks to be a comparable feel.

My main question is, would the KRG Bravo chassis work with magazines right out the box with my 700 ADL?

Price-wise, if the KRG doesn't need a magazine well added on, here's the breakdown:

Magpul Hunter 700L = $250 (Amazon)
Magpul Magazine Well (comes with magazine) = $75
Total = $325

KRG Bravo for 700 LA = $430
I'd also need a magazine... which also leads me to ask, what would be a good AICS magazine for this stock/configuration?

Go with the bravo. You will thank me later

I prefer the look and feel of the bravo myself. I have both and my bravos all have barreled actions in them and my only hunter is in a box. It feels big and clumsy to me. However mine are for short actions but I don’t think that makes a difference.

Thanks all for the feedback, seems we have a consensus haha. After researching further, it does seem that the 700 ADL will work fine with the KRG Bravo as-is and magazines can be used without additional mods. I find it annoying and odd that the Magpul requires the extra proprietary part in order to work... it should just come with it installed.

Does anyone have a recommendation and know of a good AICS LA magazine that will work for the Bravo? I saw elsewhere that the Magpul mags have problems with this chassis, unless anyone has specific experience with this setup.