• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 aftermarket triggers?

Cclary60

Slinger of Random Goods
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2020
DFW
I picked up a new Remington 700 ADL SA in .243 Win at Walmart on clearance for under $300. It doesn’t have the adjustable trigger, and the factory one pulls around 4.5-5.5 pounds. It’s not awful, but it’s much higher than I’d like.

I plan on butchering the factory rifle and using the action and bolt to build off of. I’ve already found a deal on a used McMillan stock, but still need a trigger and barrel.

What aftermarket triggers does everyone recommend that isn’t insanely pricey? I’ve been considering the Timney 517 flat face that’s adjustable around 3 pounds, similar to what my AR’s pull. The Timney 517 is on sale for $100 online every now and then, and I enjoy flat face trigger shoes.

Suggestions are appreciated.

I have a couple timneys and they are pretty nice, my hmr pro came with a trigger tech I believe. It is probably the best trigger I have used. The ability to change pull weight without taking the rifle out of the stock is very nice

TriggerTech, Timney, or Riflebasix. In that order. The riflebasix trigger will be the least expensive for the lightest pull. The TriggerTech and Timney’s cost about the same. However If all you want is a pull weight of around 3Lbs a Remington 40x is a great trigger. It’s Adjustable between 1.5-3Lbs and you don’t have to remove the stock to adjust it. They can usually be found for about $75.

I have single stage Timneys on all mine. Breaks clean. I saw one used in the forum for only $110 a day ago.

Timney single stage 517, straight is our pref, but some like the curved. You can't go wrong for about $120.

Last edited:
Timney straight shoe 517 is still my favorite. I do have one TT Special and it seems to be nice enough, but Timney is my go to.

My seekins havak came w Timney 510 single stage and I set it to 1.5 lbs. Best trigger I’ve ever shot. Just bought a TriggerTech Special single stage for my other rifle but haven’t installed it yet. It’ll be good but I’m not sure it can break any cleaner than the Timney though.

Spoke w Mike at Mile High and they seem to favor the two stage for precision long range as giving the shooter just a little more control but I’d already bought the single stage. It works for me so I’ll keep it.

I have a Jewel in a Rem 700 5R that's basically a deer gun that I can shoot at the range.

I do love it and did NOT love the original trigger that came in the gun.

I have a custom 6.5 CM that has a Trigger Tech Diamond flat shoe and I adore it. Diamond is beaucoup $$ so I would expect a primary or special would do just as fine at less cost.

I have shot Timney's and would not turn my nose up at one

I think the Diamond is for if you want to go down to 8 oz. If you're happy at 1.5 lb or above don't spend the diamond money.

Reactions: Moe Ron