• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Remington 700 AICS - 7mm Rem Mag

BLDTYLRY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2011
WA State
Purchased a Remington 700 XCR 7mm Rem Mag at GI Joes Going out of Business sale a couple of years ago. Had Paul (Bolt Fluter) flute the bolt and add his custom bolt knob. Then sent it to my local Cerakoter and had him paint the barrel, action, and bolt in Graphite Black.

Re: Remington 700 AICS - 7mm Rem Mag

Very nice looking rig.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, but the scope seems a bit high! Great caliper. </div></div>

Went with the AD-Recon-S rather than the SL (low mount) so when i go and rebarrel with a heavy barrel I will have the clearance I need. Also, just looks high because its the sporter barrel contour.

Just thought id let you know if you wanna get rid of that extended bipod block for a flush one like on the older model, I just got one from Mile high shooting last week, IDK if they have more but it was only 80 bucks or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyHarry2029</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just thought id let you know if you wanna get rid of that extended bipod block for a flush one like on the older model, I just got one from Mile high shooting last week, IDK if they have more but it was only 80 bucks or so. </div></div>

Kind of like the extended one as it gives more stability IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A Shadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking stick, how'd the Graphite Black paint job turn out? </div></div>

I like it.

How does it give more stability? Just because its 2 inches longer? Ive shot with both and feel no difference with my Atlas and AI spigot, IMHO the AICS looks rediculous with the extended block.

bet that thing is a beast. Got to love the big powder 7mm Rem Mag + 180gr Bergers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyHarry2029</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it give more stability? Just because its 2 inches longer? Ive shot with both and feel no difference with my Atlas and AI spigot, IMHO the AICS looks rediculous with the extended block. </div></div>

Simple physics. Putting the pivot point further than the pistol grip or trigger will allow for finer control. Move the pivot point closer to the triigger and small movements are amplified. That's why bipods ar mounted closer to the business end of the barrel as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyHarry2029</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMHO the AICS looks rediculous with the extended block. </div></div>

IMHO function > form every time when it comes to firearms.