• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 700 Bolt Knob Install - BurrKing

wtopace

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2009
Wylie, TX
Hey guys, I installed a Remington 700 bolt knob this weekend and since I don't have access to a mill, I decided to give it a try free-handing it on my BurrKing. I was able to hold 1/1000" of an inch finishing it out with fine grit sandpaper and the die cut the threads just perfect. For anyone that has never used a BurrKing before, they are amazing tools for almost any job (I use mine a lot in knifemaking, woodworking, metal shaping, etc...) and it always seems to impress me when I finish. Let me know what you think, this is my first Badger bolt knob install.

Wes

IMG_2624_resized.jpg

IMG_2626_resized.jpg

IMG_2630_resized.jpg

IMG_2633_resized.jpg

IMG_2636_resized.jpg

IMG_2637_resized.jpg

IMG_2642_resized.jpg

Re: Remington 700 Bolt Knob Install - BurrKing

I would personally do a bit more hand filing just above the knob to smooth it out a bit. Otherwise, looks pretty damn good for a homebrew. Just a liitle cleanup work and you'll have a really professional looking install.

Thanks, I will probably finish sanding on it when I Cerakote it, but I had a range trip I had to make it to this weekend in Austin so I got it "good enough" and hit it with some flat black tractor paint temporarily. First time shooting this rig over 100 yards (Eagle Peak in Austin has a 300 yard range) and I was able to put a 1" group at 300 with my 180gr Nosler BT and 42gr Varget (dropped with a Redding BR3, not trickled). I was impressed... oh and the bolt knob functioned well too =)

That's a great machine to own. Handy for countless projects for sure.