• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Bolt Swap?

Flatland308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2011
West Texas
Does anyone know if it it possible to switch bolts between the Remington SPS Tactical .308 and the Remington SPS AAC SD? If there were going to be issues what would they be?

Re: Remington 700 Bolt Swap?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flatland308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would I just need to get the head spacing adjusted? </div></div>

If by "adjusting" you mean having the barrel setback and the chamber re-cut, then sure you just need to get the headspace adjusted.

Sounds like I shouldn't get married to the bolt I have and save the hassle by keeping the origional. Thanks

It may not need any adjustment. If it will close on a "go" gauge and not close (or close with some bit of force) on a "no-go" gauge, it will be fine. If it won't close on a "go" gauge, or closes on a "field" gauge, then you have headspace issues.

I have 2 remington 700 in 308,a varmint Synthetic and a sps.
I ACCIDENTALLY mix the bolt up,and I'm still alive to tell the tail.
Both have long throats 2.9160 COL.

Thanks, I will look at it. I have a bolt knob mod but it's not high dollar by any means.