• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

mlh29

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
Lafargeville, NY 13656
I am posting this as I know there are a ton of other bottom metals out there. I am not in any way shape of form affiliated with this company.

I am curious if anyone has dealt with, or has a porduct I found on ebay.

The product is a rendering of an Badger m5 style bottom metal, made out of 6061 from a company called ATLASWORXINTERNATIONAL, out of Australia.
atlasworx.com
Mainly I am interested in this as it takes ai mags, seems decently built and is only about 115 shipped. You do however provide your own SA ai or equiv mags.

Any insight would be great Thanks Matthew

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

In most cases you get what you pay for. However, I think bottom metal is way over priced to begin with. The design is not complex and IMOP, they should be about $80 tops.

Try it out OP and let us know.

Having said that, I ordered from CDI today.

The Atlas Worx website I found was something to do with artists and galleries. I would stay local if I were you I'd go with one of the many well respected companies reccomended on this site.

Australian company have a good return policy? Customer service good? You ship that bad-boy once and you spent all the money you saved not buying it from Badger in the first place.

Not to mention that if they didn't license their "rendering" of the Badger product, they are ripping Badger off.

Sorry, the website is this www.atlasworxs.com

I fully understand the concerns, the company is a big company according to the website, and look like they turn out a nice product.

I have returned most of my 700's over to badger m4, sunny hill, or ptg as I used to use hs dbm on all of them.

I was just wondering if anyone has used or heard of the product

I guess in the end I will go with R & D as I like their latch and overall the savings is only about $50.

Thanks

You could just go with the AICS and then you wouldn't have to worry about bottom metal
wink.gif

I am in the process of getting more info from this company... I will keep you guys updated.

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative *UPDATE

Well, I'm getting more info from the seller on this. The price is 118 shipped to the U.S., for now, and the prices will be rising soon for non dealer buyers. I might pick one up from them, but I am kind of leery due to the fact that they are in Australia, though they have great communication so far.

Do it Do it!!!.......I'm curious to hear about this too and I am generaly a person who believes that you get what you pay for but I REALLY agree with "XDguy" and think bottom metal is extremely over priced..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do it Do it!!!.......I'm curious to hear about this too and I am generaly a person who believes that you get what you pay for but I REALLY agree with "XDguy" and think bottom metal is extremely over priced.. </div></div>

I'm really tempted to go and purchase it, though I dont have a stock to put it in yet...

I am going to get info and pics tomorrow. The fellow I am speaking with is at an airport, and is unable to get me the info I need at the moment.

More to come
cool.gif

If I had a xtra SA laying around, I'd send it to ya for a test fit and function test
wink.gif

That would be awesome... I should be getting a b&c soon, within the next few weeks, and I, hopefully, will purchase the DBM in that time period as well... this is in a perfect scenario...

right on man...I will be anxiously awaiting the outcome! Especially if its ligit!

Ok, I spoke with the seller on returns. All returns will be accepted as long as the product is in the same condition as it was sent in. Easy enough.

It is very close to the Badger DBM, I was told. Cool.

It has a matte black anodized coating.

triggerguard.jpg

trigger.jpg

I'll have more in the mornin.

Are the pictures the actual bottom metals?

Couldn't resist the itching of my fingers, so I bought one!

I don't know when I'll install it but while there were only 5 available I decided to get one already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the pictures the actual bottom metals?

Really want one. </div></div>

Yep. I'll have pics of them with the anodized coating tomorrow.

Let us know what you think when you get it. I really want to get a set, but I need a stock first.

Where/how did you purchase it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep that's the one.

Same problem over here, my fingers were too ichy! </div></div>

I am refraining myself... but I do have the money... argh... I think I'm going to give in...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^ me too!!! Damn-it!! </div></div>
dang impulse purchasing...

Though it would give me a good reason to sell my BDL system...

I feel my restraint caving...

I'll ask them about that in the AM.

I broke down... bought one... more to come
smile.gif

Thats some funny stuff

Jumping onto this thread since I'll be in the market for a dbm setup in the not so distant future.

Charlie

No pics from the seller today, but it is the weekend, might be busy. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Looks like we bought all of them off of ebay...

Also curious about the long action variant. I'm watching this thread and quite curious about how the short action turns out for most of you guys.

I'm sure hoping it turns out well... but it will be a month or so before it shows up...

I got that too. I'm getting excited.... still about a month of waiting though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they have it in a LA, say 300 RUM?</div></div>

I'll ask for any LA plans.

There is a Long Action model being made, and is about 2-3 weeks out.

I'm not too sure on that one.

Make sure you guys post pics and reviews if you don't mind. Really interested in this.

I'll make sure I do. Pics will be up as soon as I get the bottom metal, but like I said, it will be a month or so.