• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 by Gruning Precision Rifle / Upgraded at LRI

joshua2727

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2018
I recently picked up a Remington 700 off Gunbroker that was built by Gruning Precision. I don't know a lot about Gruning except that they generally build rifles for police and other law enforcement agencies. I emailed Gruning and discovered this rifle was given an accuracy package which included truing the receiver and bolt, a Timney trigger, and the HS stocks were skim bedded with barrel channel clearance. The barrel blank is either Krieger or Hart, not sure which or how to tell. After taking the rifle to the range and realizing it was still capable of shooting one-hole groups, I decided to give it a bit of a makeover.

I sent the stock back to HS Precision and got it repainted which turned out great and the turnaround was super fast. I also sent the barreled action off to LRI for a few upgrades and cerakote. I had the bolt fluted, barrel threaded, muzzle brake installed and a new bolt handle installed. My only complaint with LRI is they cerakoted the recoil lug on the rifle which made it impossible to mate the stock back to the rifle. I ended up sanding as much cerakote off as I could get and it went back together more easily, but still very tight.

Overall I'm quite happy with my Gunbroker purchase, its performance, and its appearance. The main thing now is to get some more rounds down the pipe and stretch its legs out to 1000.

After Upgrades:

Bolt Action 1.jpg

Bolt Action 2.jpg

Before Upgrades:

IMG_2900.jpg