• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 collapsible/folding stock choices???

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
I have an AICS 2.0 which I really like, but I'm looking at a lightweight build that is pretty compact.

Does anyone else make a stock that will fit a 700 pattern action that collapses/folds for easy storage and transport?

Thank you!

Re: remington 700 collapsible/folding stock choices???

Choate makes a folder for 700s. It's not really light though.

I just don't see an option for a R700 folder that is lightweight.
All the folders have to have hardware for hinges, etc and if you try to cut down weight you will give up dependability.

my search-fu turned up the erblestock folder, but there are 0 pictures of it on here, google, anywhere. It's supposed to be out this summer, what I would give for a ticket to SHOT show next year to see some of this stuff firsthand...

TacMod

IMG_20100915_161726.jpg

I just got a Mcree and like it a lot. Takes about 5min to put togeather. Scott is a great guy ask and he will tell you.

I think KRG has a Whiskey 3 chassis for the Rem 700 in the works, there is also the new AIAX chassis, there not out yet, but just something to think about.

The Knoxx Axiom line are collapsible and fit the 700, and the U/L is advertised as their ultralight version.

My 6.5x284 has the VS version rather than the UL... sorry for the cell phone pic.

photo.JPG

I have a McRee Precision Stock. Great piece of kit & Scott is #1. He will stay on the phone & answer all your questions. Super guy & great service. Bolt56

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtKope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TacMod

IMG_20100915_161726.jpg
</div></div>
I have one and I love it, but there's no way I would ever bring it up in a thread where a guy said he was looking for a lightweight folder
grin.gif
this thing weighs a ton! But it is comfortable as he'll and shoots great!

Manners had one on display at SHOT, many of us are waiting for this to come out. It has a solid feeling hinge and has Manners quality, so if a fiberglass mould style folder is a consideration, you may want to check them out.

http://mannerstocks.com/

Sorry to revive an old thread...but is there anyone who makes a stock that collapses like the EDM Windrunner type?

Can any inform me as to were i might be able to get the hinge system thats on the 2.0 AICS stocks, unfortunnatly at the time i bought my 1.5 thats all i could afford and now want to make it into a 2.0 and can do the work myself just need the hinge,anywere i look prettymuch says hinge is indistructible and no one sells it, thanks

krg makes a good one too i dont have one but ive seen the chassis and it is very well made