• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 DBM

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2012
Rochester, NY
I was looking to buy a B&C medalist a5 stock for my remington 700 with a sporter barrel. I plan to convert it to accept DBM, does anybody know how much it would cost to get it installed? I dont want to mess around with it and ruin a $400 stock. Any idea the cost?

Re: Remington 700 DBM

If you supply the stock, GAP charges $75 to inlet for Badger M5. CDI Precision charges $60 to inlet for their DBM.

You say your B&C stock costs ~ $400. CDI w/ a 5rd mag is ~ $280. Add $60 for inletting and you're at ~ $740. For that kind of money you would be better off getting a Manners mini chassis or an AICS 1.5. Better gear and better value for just a tad bit more.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail
Doesnt this fit directly in it without milling?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x SNIPER x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How difficult is it to mill it yourself? </div></div>

I would send it off to someone who does it all the time.

I remember reading that B&C was going to start offering Badger inlets soon. Maybe call them and ask. Their customers has been very good for me in the past.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x SNIPER x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail
Doesnt this fit directly in it without milling? </div></div>

It does, I have this set-up in my B&C stock. I'm not sure it's up to the same quality as the Badger, and the magazines are single stack so they are longer than AI magazines I believe. I can't give you much of a review I'm afraid as I'm not that experienced and have never been around a nice rifle with AI magazines to compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x SNIPER x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail
Doesnt this fit directly in it without milling? </div></div>

It does, I have this set-up in my B&C stock. I'm not sure it's up to the same quality as the Badger, and the magazines are single stack so they are longer than AI magazines I believe. I can't give you much of a review I'm afraid as I'm not that experienced and have never been around a nice rifle with AI magazines to compare. </div></div>

Yep - this fits in a standard BDL inlet that comes standard on the B&C stocks. I've got one on a rem700 and it works well - smooth feeds and easy to install yourself. The magazines are a pain in the ass to load though.