• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 factory drop mag

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked already... I tried search to no avail.

Are the Remington 700 actions used in rifles with factory drop mag bottom metal the same as 700 ADL and BDL actions? Just wondering if another DBM system like the BO M5 or Seekins DBM can still be used with these actions. Personally I can't tell the difference but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Re: Remington 700 factory drop mag

Just saw a thread in the Gunsmithing section asking almost the same question but the answers given mainly revolves around the fitting of the factory DM system into another stock.

What is different between these DM receivers vs. the non-DM receivers? Others have noted that the DM receivers cannot be converted to using a BDL bottom metal setup... While this does not really concern me since another DBM system will be considered for used, but it does concern me if what is different in the receiver will hinder the install.

Re: Remington 700 factory drop mag

The Remington 700 action is a 700 action. The ADL, BDL, DBM acronyms all relate to the magazine style. A 700 BDL has the same action as an ADL, so on and so forth.