• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Help

ryznstr15

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2009
Nevada
okay, the M1A fell through however I am going to rebuild a Remington 700 adl. I just need to help tracking down some items. If anyone knows where I can find them for a reasonable price PLEASE let me know.

1. tactical trigger guard that will allow removable 10 RD mag.
2. Choate Stock
3. Great barrel

If anyone can think of anything else that would help me in my quest for a awsome 1000+ yard gun by all means post it PLEASE post it. Thanks all once its done pic will be up.

Re: Remington 700 Help

1. You are in need of a Detachabke Bottom Metal setup, often refered to as DBM. Do some searching on here about different makers and features.

2. If you are set on a Choate stock, I would make sure it is the new model and NOT the "Ultimate Sniper." There are many other options. If cost is your biggest factor, I would recomend looking at a Bell and Carlson Metalist Stock. Again, search and search some more. Do the research and learn from others mistakes, you will wind up saving money.

3. Unless the barrel is totally fried, I would say shoot it for now, you may not actually need a barrel. The life on a 308 is fairly lofty. Keep an eye on the Group Buys section, barrel buys come up from time to time.

1 & 2. In the end you may find it cheaper to go with a Mcrees or AICS stock that has the detachable magazine, "bottom metal" of sorts, already fixed to the stock. Plus those are much better stocks than what you are looking at. The alternative is to have the stock inletted to allow for the dbm. I guarantee you the Choate stock will need to be inletted and I don't even know if you could inlet one of those plastic nightmares. I will admit that I owned one of their varmint stocks and it was not pleasant, poor craftsmanship and a ton of weight will be about the only "benefits" you will get out of one of those.
3. Maybe I missed something but I don't see it listed anywhere that you have a .308, so what are you shooting and what is the round count?

Okay, I got a chance to look at the Mcree site and I like that stock he makes however what is the price? I looked all over the site and did not see it anywhere.