• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Remington 700 host but what suppressor would you use?

Redoubt99

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
Ive got a remington 700 that's my primary long range gun. 20 inch barrel. Looking to go suppressed and was pretty set on the AAC 762-sd but Im hearing now that AAC is being sold yet again and most likely closing their doors.
Really going back and forth then I just figured I would ask here. I would rather stay with direct thread as it would not be switched around to other weapons. What is a good by these days, what are you long range guys using?
Thanks!

Thunderbeast Ultra 7 is what I'm using on multiple calibers. Couldn't be more happy.

Reactions: cruze5
I used to like AAC and I have several of their older cans. I would avoid them these days. There are better suppressors and I’ve heard their CS is not the greatest.
Everybody here that loves Thunderbeast can’t be wrong. They’re a solid option especially if you’re like most people and like light weight. I like a slightly heavier suppressor, so my Dead Air suppressors get a lot of use, but even they came out with a Nomad Ti that is light. Their Keymo mounting system is excellent. There are a lot of good options from just those 2 companies, and there are other good companies out there that I have no personal experience with.

I used to like AAC and I have several of their older cans. I would avoid them these days. There are better suppressors and I’ve heard their CS is not the greatest.
Everybody here that loves Thunderbeast can’t be wrong. They’re a solid option especially if you’re like most people and like light weight. I like a slightly heavier suppressor, so my Dead Air suppressors get a lot of use, but even they came out with a Nomad Ti that is light. Their Keymo mounting system is excellent. There are a lot of good options from just those 2 companies, and there are other good companies out there that I have no personal experience with.

Thanks!
Im looking at the DeadAir Sandman L
Seems like its right up my alley, well except for cost! But nowadays nothing is cheap.

Sandman is a little overkill for a bolt gun. It's designed to take the abuse from full auto sbr's.

It's made with heavy materials for this purpose.

I would go do nomad or a nomad L in your case.

Sandman is a little overkill for a bolt gun. It's designed to take the abuse from full auto sbr's.

Exactly, unless you're planning on ripping mag after mag through it on an AR, I'd opt something lighter and less overbuilt. Most first time can buyers don't realize the importance of weight and overvalue "machinegun rated" toughness. My latest .30 cal can was a steel Nomad, and it sounds good and is relatively short, but for the kind of shooting I do (LR, hunting, slow fire AR, I'd probably get the Nomad Ti or an Ultra these days.

Reactions: Supersubes
Tbac Ultra 7, SiCO Omega or Hybrid would be my choices. Have the Omega and Hybrid, both great versatile cans. You'll have a hard time beating the Omega for price and performance, it's still one of the lightest and quietest for its size.

If I were going to buy one can, right now, it would be the Thunderbeast Dominus - take you pick of the two mounting systems.

I agree 100%
I do have another can now for my remington 700 that is modular, and aluminum and its perfect for hunting or long range. I was just interesting in something a little higher quality like the sandman L for the ability to use it on a m1a, or my FAL if I feel the need to tinker!
My hunting can will not hold up on semi auto fun guns.
Thanks for the tip though!