• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 In Precision

DVC357

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2006
Arizona
Brothers,…
So I’m an old retired guy. I’ve been doing USPSA pistol matches since the 70’s. I’m not as fleet of foot as I once was; however, I had seen an example of a PRS type match shot in my area. I thought about giving it a go.
Here’s the question.
I’ve got a relatively newer Remington 700 in .308. Would that be a reasonable foundation weapon to take me from beginner to intermediate in this type of competition?
Thanks

Yup.

Bring the best dope you can, tell your squad that you’re new, borrow their bags and shit. Go to have fun and think about working towards being intermediate after your second match 😂

Yup.

Bring the best dope you can, tell your squad that you’re new, borrow their bags and shit. Go to have fun and think about working towards being intermediate after your second match 😂
Hey brother,
I have no aspirations or delusions of grandeur. I just don’t want to spend the money on support accessories for a foundation weapon that won’t last long.

I have several thousand rounds shot through a factory Rem700 receiver. Barrels have been changed, same with a good trigger and a stock that accepts a M5 pattern bottom metal. No major issues with the rifle. It's still one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

Reactions: Gohring65