• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 la custom stock questions

Mreinoehl

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2021
Deer park wa
I am sorry if this has been posted before, I searched threads but didn’t find what I Am looking for.
I am in the process of building a 700 LA 300 win mag BDL. Has a Timney trigger a custom muzzle break, still has factory sporter barrel, and I am wanting to put in a PTG M5 bottom metal. Problem I am running into is finding a stock that accepts all this. Perhaps I am not understanding the stock websites correctly. I have looked at Stockys and sent them emails with no answer. I don’t want HS stock cause of the proprietors mags. Any advice would be great.

You may need to have your stock inlet for your DBM. I think the PTG M5 is the same inlet as the Badger Ordnance M5, so you can look for any stock with that inlet.

You didn't say your budget, but you may want to look at Grayboe stocks. They are priced right and look like they fit what you need.

Gil P. Also up to 800.00 for a price. Unless I am reading things wrong the stocks I have been finding don’t seem to work with a factory sporter barrel. However I greatly appreciate your replies!

Gil P. Also up to 800.00 for a price. Unless I am reading things wrong the stocks I have been finding don’t seem to work with a factory sporter barrel. However I greatly appreciate your replies!

They should all work with factory barrels. It's a good idea to get a larger barrel channel than you need in case you want a heavier barrel in the future.

Check the for sale section, you might find something for a really good price.