• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 LTR VS Tikka T3 Tactical

datw

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
Juliette Ga
Struggling with a decision i need to make. There is a $500 difference between the two. Cant really seem to make my mind up. The tikka you seem to get more options...det mag, threaded barrel,etc... Want to go with the tikka but cant seem to pull the trigger on one or the other. Could someone please give me the pros and cons of both including CS for both companies in the event something would tear up or malfunction. Thanks for any helpful info.

Re: Remington 700 LTR VS Tikka T3 Tactical

tikka is, as you mentioned, a more complex rifle out of the box. Everyone I know that has shot one has loved it. Good accuracy, nice trigger.

The ltr is also a nice rifle that should shoot. I have had two and both were shooters.

The main difference, IMHO is what can be done afterwords if you want. The ltr is a rem700...........the world of smithing and options is there is you want. Stocks, triggers, bases, ect ect. The tikka, on the other hand, has limited aftermarket options.

As far as cs goes........you'd be dealing with beretta USA with the tikka. I have never dealt with them, but don't hear too many good stories either.

I have the Tikka Varmint and LOVE it. Not much different than the Tactical, and MUCH cheaper. +1 on the aftermarket accessories, however there are a few companies which are inletting stocks now for the T-3's. Accuracty is exceptional. Had a flyer this weekend which opened my 5-shot group to .5moa, but would have been around .2-.3moa without the flyer. Using factory 168gr FGMM ammo.

I have a LTR in .308 its a shooter straight of the box. Mine likes to have a few rounds down the tube before it shoots real tight. I bought mine last year and have but about 900 rounds down the tube, proably havn't clean the barrel in the last 600 rounds and it still shoot moa groups proably smaller I just havn't shoot it at 100 yards in a long time. Shoot a .9 moa at 300 yards just last month at a match. The rifle has a 20" barrel with a 1/12 twist you will run out of gas with the 168gr ammo. I have had good groups out to 900 yards with the 168gr bullets but at 1000 yards they open way up. I have started reloading my own load and pushing the 178 gr amax bullets it really like this load. You will not be disappointed with the LTR if a shooter is what your looking for.

If you have any ?'s about it PM me i'll be happy to answer them.

I can't committ on the customer service cause I havn't ever had a problem out of any of the Remingtons I own (3).

P.S. i see your profile your from middle GA. I'm in central AL. If you care to drive over or maybe come out to the practice day at one of the Hardrock matches you can shoot her a few times.

Thanks people, i've got two adj htg's that i was going to go the custom route on but have since changed my mind. Any info is very appreciated.

i have had both and i can tell you the tikka shoots better and if you shop around you can find one for around 1K but the stock on the tikka feels like a toy gun but is very functional but there is almost no aftermarket support for tikka and speaking from a phonecall placed yesterday to berreta they couldnt give a shit if you own a tikka or not and dont really care to talk to you about them (looking for a trg mirage band) all in all given the choice between the 2 even though it isnt as accurate you should probrable go with the ltr but if it were my money the options that i would look at are a sps-v and a used hs stock or a pss R5 now that was a real shooter.

Do a search on the boards for Tikka. You will find that there is some aftermarket support for them, while not as much as the remmy's, there is still some options for customization. EGW makes MOA bases, Robertson Composites and one other company is inletting for stocks, and Roedale mades the RCS Chassis which will make it look like an AI.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2715797/page/6

I had the same experience with a sako 75 years ago. It was missing the magazine
box latch. Couldn't even get a response to my phone calls or emails. They flat
would not put an english speaking person on the phone and would hang up. Got the
same from stoeger, the importer at the time. I made my own part and haven't looked at another sako since, although it's a good product.

The above post is kind of what i was looking for. Seems like they dont give a shit about their customers. Thanks folks.

you could go with a third option and that is get a fn spr action wich is basically a blueprinted model 70 action from cdnn right now 350 and put it in a hs stock and get a good barrel and be about the same money or maybe less and have a potentially better rifle than either.
its not tikka or sako that doesnt give a shit it is berreta i think sako/tikka need to find a different importer like savage or cz