• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 ltr

Jmmiller

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
I currently own a Remington Model 700 ltr chambered in .223. Its stock its mounted with a Cabellas Outfitter series 6-20 x 40 scope and a harris bipod. I kind of inherited the rifle from my dad who had pipe dreams of using it for a bench rest rifle. I on the other hand would like to set it up for a more tactical application . The gun shoots around 1 MOA but i know its capable of better and i have no idea where to start in terms of custom modifications to make it my own and make it shoot to its highest potential. Any and all help including shooting mechanics is much appreciated.

Re: Remington 700 ltr

spend all your $ on ammo. It is the best accuracy improvement you can make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spend all your $ on ammo. It is the best accuracy improvement you can make.
</div></div>

1000+. BTW, spend your money on <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">GOOD, MATCH</span></span> ammo. Once you have worn out the barrel then you can go modify it to your liking.

First off ' shoots around 1 moa' with what ammunition? Match ammo should see you closer to half moa and hand loads for sure will, try something with a 69 gr SMK.

Second either have the trigger tuned or replaced. Many options here (try search) but I went for a timney and am not in a hurry to change.

If the scope holds zero go with it until you can afford something better.

Lastly do the profile thing - before someone bigger and badder than me gets on your case.

Good luck.