• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 magazine problems

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
I have a Remington 700ADL short action(308)in a McMillan (Blind Mag)stock,kreiger barrel etc.The mag does not fill to capacity and sometimes the rounds dont load into chamber.The rounds become mis aligned.The only thing I know for sure is that the ammo is not the culprit.What can I do to make this blind magazine more efficient.

Re: Remington 700 magazine problems

Have you DOUBLE checked to make sure the mag box is FLUSH to the action inside the stock?

Matt.

Saw a couple of problems with the 700ADL blind magazine in a Rem. stock; do not know if it crosses over to a McMillan stock with ADL.

The follower would bottom out before filling to capacity and the magazine spring had to be "adjusted" to get the angle on the follower correct for feeding. Is the spring attached to the floor plate correctly??

See how the follower attaches to spring, too. I removed metal from the bottom of follower to get my capacity problem cured and, as for the spring, if it is adjusted to much (broken), go online and buy another, or a local 'smith should have one in stock.

Hope this may help.

I have the same problem with my 700 ADL long action, Brown Precision stock. Something I need to address.

Hi,
A friend asked me for advice regarding a 700 in .30-06 not feeding propperly. Rounds gets jammed nose up apparently. Is this a known issue & what would sort this out? (Except throwing $$$ at it)
thx
Raven

Sounds like the magazine box compartment in the stock is not "milled" out deep enough,maybe off by a little depth.Dremel action might need to commence or take it to a gunsmith first.Goodshootin'

~Reagan