• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 PCR in .260Rem

Iceaxe200

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2023
Yukon, OK
Trying to decide on purchase of Rem 700 PCR in 260Rem. Appears to have low round count. Includes Burris XTR2 5-25-50 optic MIL. Several pieces of Area 419 gear (Arca rail, brake and arca clamp). Atlas bipog, Burris pro rings and leupold 20 moa optic rail. MDT adjustable grip. Dies for .260 rem and 100 rounds of brass. Price for all is $1700 obo. I'm good with the .260 Rem caliber just not sure about the Rem 700 due to history issues as described below.

Remington QA/QC in general. Improperly cut chambers needing finish reamers to fix. Busted off bolt handles in the field. Broken bolt stops if you run the bolt too hard. Jacked up 5R rifling. Bore not centered in barrel. Barrel not clocked right in action...

Regarding purpose: I've been a AR and pistol action shooter. Now getting to bolt action precision shooting. Been shooting 22LR PRS and FClass rimfire for about a year now with Vudoo or CZ 457. Getting into bolt guns for fun shoot but who knows where that will take me.

Please share your thoughts it's greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
the price isn't awful honestly. but it's still an R700 in a meh chassis with a decent scope
values
scope $550
A419 $300
bipod: $200
rings/rail/grip $150

that leaves the rifle/dies/brass around $500

worst case you don't like it you should be able to get your money back parting it out

the price isn't awful honestly. but it's still an R700 in a meh chassis with a decent scope
values
scope $550
A419 $300
bipod: $200
rings/rail/grip $150

that leaves the rifle/dies/brass around $500

worst case you don't like it you should be able to get your money back parting it out
Appreciate your response and info is most helpful. I was thinking the same regarding your comment of parting it out if needed.

What do your think the rifle is worth lone and the brass alone (it's actually 100 loaded rounds but I'm not comfortable shooting someone else's loads that I don't know).

Glad you found this fourum. Saw your post on the OK Shooters.

The 700 PCR was going for under $1K street price when it was discontinued. However the good news on this particular .260 was that it came with a 1:8 twist barrel, and not the 1:9 that was standard for so many years. Assuming ~$500 for the rifle, dies etc... That comes out to a pretty decent deal.

Depends on who made the brass as to what that's worth. When I did my custom .260 many years ago, I cheaped out and bought 500 pieces of Remington brass for it. About 80 pieces had the flash holes punched off center. That was an expensive lesson kearned, and I ended up going and buying 300 pieces of Lapua.

Not sure if Lapua is still making .260 brass...but you can always neck down .308 brass, which opens up a lot more options. I do know that Alpha is making brass for that cartridge now too.

You could always just pull the bullets, dump the powder, run a mandrel through the necks, recharge, and re-seat the bullets too.

Hard no at that price. Imo subpar rifle and optic that while mechanically will be fine, has pretty bad glass for its price range. Much better off buying a tikka t3 and sticking a xtr3 on there. No one is paying retail for all that crap if you have to part it out. Buying some one else's half ass project is rarely a good course of action.

Coming from the vudoo, also look at building a custom rifle from ground up. Will cost more but you won't be throwing good money after bad. Alot of deals here on the hide for optics and barreled actions.