• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

cgmaster1

Captain
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2006
Gulf Coast Mississippi
Well I just got back home and took a look at the remington 700 police rifles I recieved in 338 Lapua. these are factory rifles. I only have one pic now but since my cameras battery died. But they are much much better than the old MLR rifles. they were built on 40x actions with 40x triggers. And they do shoot one hole groups. One word AWESOME!! Bad news is remington only made a few of these from what I understand.

Here is a breif description and a pic from my phone.

You can see the holes are there for the match rear sight and I think that is HS detachable mag system but I am unsure. Either way the bottom metal is very nicely made. You can see the bottom of the mag in the picture (it is on the side of the box. It is the same mag that is in their MSR rifle and can be had in 5rd and 10 rd according to Remington. The scope mount holes are also #8 like on the m24 not the smaller #6 in regular 700 rifles. The trigger is externally adjustable 40x trigger(not the X mark). IT has a muzzle brake that is screwed on. The stock is also a little different than the 300wm and my 308 700p rifles. It is not marked MLR. The bore and chamber on these rifles looks very well done also more like a custom barrel.

IMG00433.jpg

Re: Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

Just got one of these, and mine has the same stuff as yours. Also, it looks like Badger M5 on mine (not HS), but that's just a guess.

where can you get them from and how much?

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the MLR but with Badger bottom metal.MLR action was a little different then the 700P, so was the stock, and MLR also had #8 screws for scope base.What did you pay for that baby? Looks good!

I am waiting on word Monday from Remington to see if I can get a few more that. If they do I will put them up for sale in the next few weeks. I also found out they may start building them again but the wait may be a year or more if they do start production again. You may be right about the bottom metal being a Badger I was thinking one thing and typing another.

CGM, I have one inbound right now.. and on the edge of my seat to see if it shows up with Badger or HS DBM and a 40x or x-mark trig. By the way, is yours coated stainless or chrome moly?

Cmon man, take out a knife and scratch that thing and tell us for sure, just saying:)

it looks like ai mag but not badger bottom metal i thought orignal 40 x remingtons were single shot shot actions based off of xp

it's good to see some showing back up. I've been trying to buy one since 2 Augusts ago. I've seen some on gunbroke go for 16 to $1700. When I got on the first list they were 975.

Never seen any badger metal that looks like that.

are they coated ss or carbon steel?

I wonder if McMillan/Accuracy International or any other high end stock makers have stocks for these. Anyone know?

i am sure it is just standard long action and yes acis and mcmillan have them

If you look at the mags that are showing up on this batch, They are a single stack AE or AW or Accurate single stack mag. The bottom metal may be a proto HS BDM for the larger magnum mags. Doesn't appear to be the common AICS .308 style. There has also been reference to a MLR action, is that between a long and short action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DogboneS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look at the mags that are showing up on this batch, They are a single stack AE or AW or Accurate single stack mag. The bottom metal may be a proto HS BDM for the larger magnum mags. Doesn't appear to be the common AICS .308 style. There has also been reference to a <span style="color: #FF0000">MLR action, is that between a long and short action? </div></div></span>

MLR is/was the model.They are a long magnum action.Everyone makes stocks for them, I put mine in a McMillan

sendero man- go to the remington 700 police rifles then click on the 338 lapua heading and it has all the info. showed in stock until sometime today, just as well guess i dont need to sell my ltr anymore.

ill post some pics as soon as I pick up my stick from snipercountrypx on friday, Ill try to get some close ups on whatever you guys want to see on the stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sendero man- go to the remington 700 police rifles then click on the 338 lapua heading and it has all the info. showed in stock until sometime today, just as well guess i dont need to sell my ltr anymore. </div></div>

have heard they are different from what their website says..

40x trigger not X-mark
40x action
Badger BM not HS

???

thanks

I wrote the Rem. Law Enforcement guys an email asking for specs on the new build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sendero man- go to the remington 700 police rifles then click on the 338 lapua heading and it has all the info. showed in stock until sometime today, just as well guess i dont need to sell my ltr anymore. </div></div>

have heard they are different from what their website says..

40x trigger not X-mark
40x action
Badger BM not HS

???

thanks

I wrote the Rem. Law Enforcement guys an email asking for specs on the new build.

</div></div>
i'll let you know this week hopefully. mine should be on it's way from snipercountrypx. putting a badger 30 MOA base on it and a 22 power nightforce.

<span style="font-style: italic">got a quick email back from Remington.</span>

Scott,

Here are the specifications on the rifle. I have a demo gun and love it. The best group I have shot from it is a 9.5” group at 1000yds. Using our 250gr Scenar Match ammo.

#25645 700P MEDIUM LONG RANGE RIFLE 24” PARKERIZED HEAVY BARREL NO SIGHTS HS PRECISION STOCK REMINGTON MULTI PORT MUZZLE BREAK

.338 LAPUA MAGNUM X MARK PRO TRIGGER ON PRE AUGUST 2009 RIFLES CURRENT MODELS SUPPLIED WITH A 40X TRIGGER HAMMER FORGE 1 IN 12 6R BARREL BASE WEIGHT IS 10# EFFECTIVE RANGE IS 1200 METERS

Craig Clark

Remington Arms Company, Inc.

Bushmaster Firearms International

Law Enforcement Division

Regional Business Development Manager

Wow, 1:12.... what were they thinking?

That is a 700 action, I think the 40X was only a short action. They do make some repeaters, but the 700P is a 700. Do they true the action in the custom shop on these?

Also, does the trigger have the adjustment through the trigger shoe? Is the shoe smooth? I think what they are calling the 40X trigger now is a modified version of the X-Mark Pro, same internals.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a 700 action, I think the 40X was only a short action. They do make some repeaters, but the 700P is a 700. Do they true the action in the custom shop on these?

Also, does the trigger have the adjustment through the trigger shoe? Is the shoe smooth? I think what they are calling the 40X trigger now is a modified version of the X-Mark Pro, same internals.

Dave </div></div>

Trigger shoe is ribbed (old style remington), and the screw to adjust it is forward of the bolt release. It is the 40X trigger, not the X-Mark Pro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will email him back and ask for sure ....

</div></div>

Tried to measure mine with a cleaning rod and came up with 1:11 both times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Trigger shoe is ribbed (old style remington), and the screw to adjust it is forward of the bolt release. It is the 40X trigger, not the X-Mark Pro.</div></div>

Yeah, that would be the Old Style, I can't believe they are still installing connector triggers on new guns

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will email him back and ask for sure ....

</div></div>

Tried to measure mine with a cleaning rod and came up with 1:11 both times. </div></div>
i hope you and remington are wrong. i truly hope it is a 1:10 twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will email him back and ask for sure ....

</div></div>

Tried to measure mine with a cleaning rod and came up with 1:11 both times. </div></div>
i hope you and remington are wrong. i truly hope it is a 1:10 twist. </div></div>

Well I think I spoke too soon. Now I'm re-measuring it for your sake and am getting 1:10". Before I was using a dry patch, now I'm putting some solvent on them so they push a little easier. This method sucks! Any better ways to measure twist!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as soon as I hear... I'll post it
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Sounds good, I know I'm adding nothing but confusion to this thread, haha!

Now you've got me all paranoid, and I've re-checked the barrel several times- keeps coming out to 1:10 when I use wet patches. I could be off, but that would be quite an error margin. Maybe someone else can check/verify?

Part of my question answered... lol

I am sure that the engineers did not throw a dart at a board to come up with the twist rate.

What ever lights your fire! Mine shoots fine out to 1000yds!

Craig Clark
Law Enforcement Division
Central Region

visit our websites:
www.remingtonle.com
www.bushmaster.com

Teamwork - When we all work together we all win together!

yeah.... got a good answer !

<span style="color: #CC0000">I stand corrected it is a 1 in 10 twist!

Craig Clark
Law Enforcement Division
</span>

That sounds much better. With the new mag system and 40x trigger, I think its a great deal for a starter 338LM rifle. Shoot the crap out of the barrel and rebarrel/restock it later. May have to pick one up when they are back in stock again.