• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police magazine spring

ifrid78

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
italy, sicily
Hi guys, I live in Italy and I am the owner of the Remington 700 police, the spring of the internal magazine broke, I can't find the spare part in Italy, I saw that in America there are many spare parts, but they don't export, do you know anyone where to buy that can ship to Italy? Thanks!

Try EBay, not sure the police 700s used a different spring for the internal box magazine

Another supplier of vintage parts:

it won't let me enter the site:
"Website access restricted in your region.
We're not providing access of the website in your country or region.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

I can't understand why Remingon doesn't provide assistance in Italy, our importer has been out of stock for a year... I had the old spring removed by laser and I don't know how much longer it will hold.

it won't let me enter the site:
"Website access restricted in your region.
We're not providing access of the website in your country or region.
We apologize for the inconvenience."
Amazing........ The "Bad Guy's" are trading every outlawed item (drugs, children, weapons, etc) over the Internet and one guy needing a spring is treated like a terrorist.

Reactions: ifrid78
For those following and lurking:

We will see the day here in America when we can not get a weapon part without 10 miles of red tape. They will have to have you pass a back ground check, as if you were buying a weapon. You will have to present the weapon and have them fill out a form for the ATF guaranteeing the part you are buying will fit the assigned weapon. Next the part will be shipped to your "ATF Certified" gunsmith for installation. The gunsmith will then ship the entire weapon to a FFL that is local to your home address.

A word to the wise. Parts will become like ammo. Best stock up now, while you can. The laws will be much different next year.

As always, I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
For those following and lurking:

We will see the day here in America when we can not get a weapon part without 10 miles of red tape. They will have to have you pass a back ground check, as if you were buying a weapon. You will have to present the weapon and have them fill out a form for the ATF guaranteeing the part you are buying will fit the assigned weapon. Next the part will be shipped to your "ATF Certified" gunsmith for installation. The gunsmith will then ship the entire weapon to a FFL that is local to your home address.

A word to the wise. Parts will become like ammo. Best stock up now, while you can. The laws will be much different next year.

As always, I hope I am wrong.
This actually has to do with Federal arms export restrictions than local gov. Most firearms parts are restricted by US law from being shipped overseas.

This actually has to do with Federal arms export restrictions than local gov. Most firearms parts are restricted by US law from being shipped overseas.
This is true. We will see what the next administration thinks.
Always interesting that the largest "Shipper" of firearms, ammo and parts is the US Government.

They have a lot of stuff that is not in the catalog. Speak to Mr. Wolff himself or ask them via email.

[email protected]
Thank you for your email. We do not manufacture the magazine spring for the Remington 700 pattern of rifle. I would check with Midwest gun works or Brownells, but not sure if they are able to ship to Italy.

Thank you

Sean Wolff

W.C. Wolff Company

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Hi guys, I live in Italy and I am the owner of the Remington 700 police, the spring of the internal magazine broke, I can't find the spare part in Italy, I saw that in America there are many spare parts, but they don't export, do you know anyone where to buy that can ship to Italy? Thanks!
Perhaps one from a European 700 non DBM clone such as a Bergara B14 Hunter might work.