• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Recall on X-Mark Pro Triggers

Arbiter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Tampa, FL
Remington Recall

Remington Arms Company, LLC
870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025
Phone 800-243-9700

PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE REMINGTON MODEL 700™ AND MODEL SEVEN™ RIFLES

Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014.

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD

Remington has determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. A Remington investigation has determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process. While Remington has the utmost confidence in the design of the XMP trigger, it is undertaking this recall in the interest of consumer safety to remove any potential excess bonding agent applied in the assembly process.

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Bu bu but I thought there was no issue with the Walker trigger, and the X-Mark Pro (which was NOT designed to be safer than the Walker trigger) definitely didn't have any issues...?

Guess that explains why my 300rum went boom when it sent from safe to fire. They said the trigger was fine but swapped it anyways. Uh huh...

Well that sux,

I hope no one ever gets hurt, but for some reason I am happy that Remington QC is taking a kick to the balls. Maybe they will wake up and start making quality rifles again.

Are these the newest production ones? I Have a new .223 sps tactical with this trigger I think.... Haven't fired it yet.

It seems I have one. I guess I'll have to shoot my Savage at the short range matches too.

That sucks. Just as the weather here in the midwest is warming up and it's beginning to be rifle shooting weather, I need to send my stick back. Plus, it sits in a B&C stock so I assume I'll have to put it back into the Hogue stock? Big question is how long will they take to get it back to me... Will I be out of a rifle for months?

Maybe it's easier to just buy a Timney and be done with it.

Damn I just bought a Remington 700 5r that I believe has this trigger.

I don't think I will send it back.

Is anyone actually going to send his rifle back to Remington over this? I suspect with every rifle they made for the last 8 years going back It'll be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG time before I get mine back. I've barely had a chance to shoot it.

Is anyone actually going to send his rifle back to Remington over this? I suspect with every rifle they made for the last 8 years going back It'll be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG time before I get mine back. I've barely had a chance to shoot it.

I wonder how many people who don't frequent forums will even know?

....... And every Remington I own, other than my 1100, just got recalled. Time for Schillen triggers.

All that the recall is for is potential sealant leaking into the trigger housing casing issues. If one can not remove, disassemble, inspect, clean, reassemble, and reinstall their own, they should look for a new hobby. Trigger maintenance is just as important as bore cleaning, bolt cleaning an maintenance. Just yank the trigger out and look yourself!

Yea I'll take my chances too, I've got Jewell, Shilen, Timney, Huber, and the old and xmp's. when it's tuned right 2lbs is good in my gun, and it's on it's 2nd 6mm brrl. I'd send em the trigger, but not my stick.

Yea I'll take my chances too, I've got Jewell, Shilen, Timney, Huber, and the old and xmp's. when it's tuned right 2lbs is good in my gun, and it's on it's 2nd 6mm brrl. I'd send em the trigger, but not my stick.

Exactly. First thing I thought was, "how long will it take to process all the rifles that get sent in?" They should just offer to swap out triggers instead.

All that the recall is for is potential sealant leaking into the trigger housing casing issues. If one can not remove, disassemble, inspect, clean, reassemble, and reinstall their own, they should look for a new hobby. Trigger maintenance is just as important as bore cleaning, bolt cleaning an maintenance. Just yank the trigger out and look yourself!

I'm a new guy so what's the fix? Brake cleaner?

I forgot where I read it, but some are saying as many as 800,000 rifle are affected. Mine will not be going back without some serious compensation.

Mine is on the list. I've been looking for a Jewell trigger for the past month or so. If you have a lead in one, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhbffc

can't remember the last time savage had a recall.....

....at least it's not the safety on the remington THIS time, but the overuse of that nasty clear crap they used on the "adjustment screws"?

i wonder if there was an accidental discharge with unfavorable consequences with the Xmark still installed, would the rifle owner be held liable for not heeding a recall?

and yes, my 700 falls into the serial numbers, so am i sending or removing my $1400+ worth of bolt ons and other work done on it, wait for whenever to get it back, then redo everything? probably not, luckily it is a range queen and the muzzle is pointed at the berm and bank before it even goes hot.

and what are these "certain circumstances" remington eludes to anyway? and why 8 years to figure this out?

I'm a new guy so what's the fix? Brake cleaner?

I like lighter fluid for triggers. It has a lubricating property to it and displaces moisture well. Therefore, the trigger stays clean and working well...no rust.

You will. We'd to remove the trigger. If you don't fell comfortable doing this, get someone who does and learn. I feel it is important to know how to maintain the trigger group oneself. Then break the trigger group down, inspect for excess 'bonding agent', remove with a Bic lighter and a pick. After all is said and done, flush all parts with lighter fluid, reassemble and THOROUGHLY function test. It's simple and easy to do once someone show you how. Oh...and be careful to not send the bolt release spring across the garage...BTDT.. ?

This recall has me losing all confidence in Remington. Biggest thing that pisses me off is I kept a Xmark on my kids rifle just because I believed it was a very solid and safe trigger.

I understand the mechanics of the trigger and the reason for the recall, but no one knows the interaction of any solvent will have with the sealant. i/e spray it with brake fluid or lighter fluid could cause it to flow somewhere else and harden, who knows, I'm not taking any chances.

I am not sending my rifle and trigger back so some half ass Remington fuck face can gundeck the inspection and just pack it back up. The shitty chamber deep throats were one thing, but this is ridiculous, even in light of the CNBC fiasco. Gonna have to buy an aftermarket trigger and thats that.

Last edited:
11th rule of firearm safety:

11. Don't buy a rifle that starts with an "R", other than Ruger, unless you plan on replacing all of the moving mechanical parts. :)

Seriously. We'd be better off buying bolt action rifles from Hi-Point. This will be the last time I buy any Remington that's less than 25 years old.

Hello, this is your friend Remington.

Please send us your current home address and the serial number of all your rifles.

Thanks.

If they were trying to trace firearms for some evil purpose why would they go with bolt action rifles that hold less than 5 rounds and are mostly used for hunting? Wouldn't they be tracing ARs or something evil like that?

I am glad I don't own any factory Remington rifles.I just use there action's and change out the triggers.

If they were trying to trace firearms for some evil purpose why would they go with bolt action rifles that hold less than 5 rounds and are mostly used for hunting? Wouldn't they be tracing ARs or something evil like that?

Thank you for injecting a little reality into the conspiracy theory at hand.

It's spring & shooting season they can just buy it back @ MSRP as I bet it woud be next winter before they are returned. They also gave 4 or 5 ammo recalls going.

And another thing,, 8 years of using too much glue, more BS! NO MORE REMINGTON ANYTHING!:mad:

maybe remmington farmed out their triggers to the general motors ignition assembly line and they got some parts mixed-up!!!

Thanks. My 'cheap' varmint rifle just doubled in cost. Its on the list. I am not sending it in, It will receive a trigger otherwise.
It does have a nice adjustment range. Too good to be true. I will not ignore the warning.

Why can't remington just get together with a good trigger company like timney and start putting them in all there rifles?

I just picked up a 700 4 days ago that is affected. My budget build just got $130 more expensive for a Timney. Who was I kidding trying to be budget minded in precision rifles anyway lol

My 700 tactical (.223) is one of the affected trigger......
I already cleaned and adjusted my trigger and got it tweaked to a crisp 4 lb pull. My trigger did have a lot of that sealer crap on the adjustment screws.
The sealer on my trigger was a clear / translucent material that needed solvent to loosen it up and the help of a dental pick.

I am guessing Remington put a ton of it on the trigger screws to keep people from adjusting them and created another problem by doing so.
Instead of sending my re-stocked, bedded, added bolt knob , threaded barrel and QD can mount rifle with 20 MOA base to Remington I will take my chances.