• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Sendero 7mm mag?

ma21ddy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
FL
Can someone give me an idea of what this rifle is worth used in good shape? It does not look to have been fired much. There is one in a small shop in my town for sale with just a base,no scope or rings. He has it listed for 750.00 plus tax. This is a 26" heavy stainless barrel. Thanks

Re: Remington 700 Sendero 7mm mag?

I would say that is "average" for a Sendero SF, but not an exceptional deal. It really depends on the actual condition of the rifle, bore/muzzle, finish/stock wear/tear, which base is included, etc.

The other thing to realize is that Senderos are truly hit and miss rifles. I have owned some that shot sub-MOA out of the box (and still own one of those in 300WM) and others that were barely able to get better than 2MOA with quality ammo/reloads. This is particularly true (for some reason) with the belted magnum chambered rifles. Since this one is used, you may be running a risk that it was not a shooter and that is why somebody parted with it.

Caveat Emptor...

The rear of the bolt on the exterior has a little rust on it. Other than that it looks really good, maybe i will see if he will take 700.00 otd

Hide member Banshee picked one up a couple of months ago for about $700. For a used Sendero it is a decent price, but not a steal.
I have owned one in 300WM and it was a hammer(well under 1moa) with no great effort in finding the sweet spot. I think I used IMR 4831 and some 168g SMKs. Banshee's is a lights out shooter, too. I guess we were lucky, but no complaints from us.

How is the 7mm rem mag round?

The round is fantastic, but have you considered the 7 short mag? Less powder for comparable ballistics.

I have one of the very first runs of the 7mm RM Sendero, it is an excellent shooter and the cartridge is an excellent performer. I find I load it down for most hunting applications, no reason to hit something with a freight train, when a truck will do the job nicely. I usually load 145's with a minimum charge of H4350, this puts me in the same ball park as a hot 7x57 or 7-08 load. More than enough for deer and hogs. I would run it full bore for heavier game.