• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Short Action Chassis Recommendations

PGreen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2020
I own a Rem 700 Magpul Hunter chambered in .308 Win. I have a Harris bipod attached to the forend but there's a large amount of flex in this stock. Any amount of cheek pressure on the comb is enough to temporarily twist the stock and cant the scope. I'd like to dump the Magpul furniture for something more solid. It's otherwise a surprisingly accurate rifle for the money.

Do you have any chassis recommendations for it? Primary use is punching paper at the range within 600 yards and I'll probably replace the cheap Harris with an Atlas CAL bipod at some point. Spending $1k+ for a high-end chassis seems a bit much for what was originally a $600ish rifle but if that's what it takes...

Thanks in advance.

The oryx chassis is very nice, there is also the XRS chassis.
I have two KRG Bravo's and two magpul pro 700 chassis.
There is a significant price difference, but I much prefer the magpul.
Some time in the future, Magpul will be releasing the 700 Pro Lite, which I would seriously consider.
Don't take this to mean I don't like the Bravo chassis. I like them quite a bit, I own two.

Reactions: Digetydog

XLR makes a terrific product with lots of customization options. Way under $1000 their Elements chassis.

KRG Bravo and Xray are both good and relatively low priced. They also both have a upgrade path with different forends and what not in the future.

The oryx chassis is very nice, there is also the XRS chassis.
I have two KRG Bravo's and two magpul pro 700 chassis.
There is a significant price difference, but I much prefer the magpul.
Some time in the future, Magpul will be releasing the 700 Pro Lite, which I would seriously consider.
Don't take this to mean I don't like the Bravo chassis. I like them quite a bit, I own two.

The oryx and mdt xrs were my final two choices for my Savage build. Both were great options and I ultimately bought the XRS based on looks.

It is so stiff, I think I could drive my truck over it and it would hold up.