• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 SPS 30-06

shamrock123

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
I am looking for an aftermarket 26-28 inch heavy bbl for my Remmy 700 SPS 30-06. Where can i find one? Thanks.

Re: Remington 700 SPS 30-06

Dont think there is one. From what I can tell, the SPS varmint is the only of the SPS line offering a heavy bbl (.820 OD)in 26". But I dont know if the varmint is made in a long action. All the other SPS rifles only offer the length you want in a magnum caliber. Your best bet is to pick up a long action, standard bolt face and get it barreled to your specs. At least you will have what you want.

Thanks. I've been searching for a while now. I'll take your advice.

I think there were a few of the original Sendero's made in 30-06. Might be a stretch to find a whole rifle much less a barrel. These were the blued Sendero's not the stainless fluted ones.

Best bet is a custom barrel

L/W Sells L-W-50 Stainless BR-Grade Barrels in Varmint contours, lengths up to 28", chambered, threaded, recessed crowned, with honed bores, listing at $308 currently as a 'finished barrel'. My Savage 28" was/were GTG as received.

Because yours is a Remmy, it might need to be ordered from the 'factory duplication countours' menu. Also because it is a Remmy, it will probably need to be headspaced.

IMHO, it's a really good source for barrels.

Greg

Thanks. Any idea on how much a gunsmith should charge to install the barrel on my gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.Gaprecision.com
www.patriotarmsinc.com
www.lawtonmachine.com

just for a few.... </div></div>

All good choices, but for a simple hunting rifle or whatever I would use a local smith. My local guy can turn a rifle around in 2 weeks and he does fantastic work. this is the case all over the country. Alot of people here have a local smith they use on top of the ones listed above